News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

LeBaron Bonney

Started by revgawright, September 24, 2022, 11:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revgawright

Does anyone know who may have bought out LeBaron-Bonney's stock when they went out of business? Hoping to find a few interior items, especially the material for the trunk. Can't seem to find anything close to the original like they had at L-B for my 39-5019A. Thanks for any leads you all may have.
G. A. Wright
Restitutio ad integrum!!!

J. Skelly

I had read on the AACA forum that SMS Fabrics bought it out, but I can't verify that.
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

39LaSalleDriver

Quote from: J. Skelly on September 25, 2022, 09:30:24 AMI had read on the AACA forum that SMS Fabrics bought it out, but I can't verify that.

I've heard that rumor as well but haven't confirmed it. If you do find out that they have that cloth, please report back as I need that same cloth for my 39. I haven't really pursued it because I'm not quite ready for that project and well...it's SMS.
Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019

fishnjim

It's no rumor and the court filings show SMS auto fabrics bought the inventory.  I've seen other evidence.
Last I contacted SMS, earlier this year, they were in a mess trying to cope, but later activity, shipments, etc. seems to confirm their getting back to normal.
However, there's no listing of what they have or don't have as far as I know.
About all you can do is look it up and ask.