News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

59 Caddy conv

Started by Dale, March 12, 2023, 10:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

Hi.  I'm new to the Cadillac world and wondering if I could get a little help. I'm looking at buying a 1959 Caddy 62 convertible.  It's very complete and solid with very little to no rust on it. I have a picture of body tag also.  Can I get some help with what the value of that might be?
Thank you,
Dale

billyoung

Dale, Welcome, Please post photos of the car and tag and we will attempt to assist.
Age 68, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

Lexi

Quote from: Dale on March 12, 2023, 10:46:20 PMHi.  I'm new to the Cadillac world and wondering if I could get a little help. I'm looking at buying a 1959 Caddy 62 convertible.  It's very complete and solid with very little to no rust on it. I have a picture of body tag also.  Can I get some help with what the value of that might be?
Thank you,
Dale

First thing I would investigate is whether the car started out life as a convertible, OR is it a tribute car? The subject rarely comes up at least on this Forum, but there are a lot of 1959 Cadillac 2 door coupes that were converted to convertibles. Enough to warrant an even closer inspection for this year and model of Cadillac. Several people engaged in that process with one that ran a large business doing just that. Their slogan on their website used to say "We build the best '59 Cadillac convertibles". They did not even hide it. Their cars were sold all over the world and for many years. These "tribute cars" continue to pop up, with some having not been re-engineered correctly. As there is much to consider when looking at any old car, you might want to have a local CLC member examine the car with you. It is customary to at least cover their expenses and time for assisting, but well worth the effort especially when one considers how much money one can spend on these cars after purchasing. Clay/Lexi