News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

History of my 59

Started by Harold33, March 14, 2023, 05:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold33

Hello everyone.
Harold from Bordeaux in France, I have just bought a Cadillac 59 convertible, I am the fourth owner. I know the second and the third but I miss the name of the first American owner. Do you know if it is possible to have his name? and how is this possible? Thanking you in advance, cordially.

Art Director

Hi Harold,

I believe only the second owner of the car could help you out with the name of the first owner. U.S. privacy laws and time prohibit Departments of Motor Vehicles to store vehicle registration records from 64 years ago. Good luck with your search!
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Michael Petti

That is correct.  GM Heritage center sent it's records to another company and they might be able to tell you the dealer the car was shipped to. Even if that dealer still exists the chances of it having 64 year old records is very slim. I would ask the fotmer owners if they have any old service records. Some owners keep records on their cars with everything in it that they pass on to the next owner.