News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

A new record!

Started by Jeff Hansen #4225, January 09, 2005, 07:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Hansen #4225

We set a new record for messages in a single thread:  80!

I have locked that particular thread so it wont grow any more.  If need be, we can continue that conversation in a new thread.

Thanks,
Jeff

Michael Stamps 19507

Im going to blame Porter as he is the one that always stirs the pot.

Stampie

Johnny

I like to thank all that made it possible for me to be a part of that record breaking thread.  One question!  Why lock it?  Wouldnt many posts on a thread, mean that its very popular?

Porter

Ask Peyton Manning from the Indianapolis Colts, he shattered a few this year.

Some go in the hall of fame, and in this case perhaps "the hall of shame". Hopefully this record will hold for quite some time.

Cadillac has set many records and standards throughout the years, "breakthrough" , as they say in their new slogan.

I heard on TV today the new CTS-V will have 440 HP, sounds like a new record to me. Bob Lutz was getting interviewed on NBC, as usual, the General hires the best, they are taking it to the competition head on. They are breaking records every year now and setting new standards, life is good.

Cadillac, proud sponsor of my NJ Jets. And still our first choice in automotive luxury, whether old or new.

Porter

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Porter,

Is this another attempt at shanghaiing a thread, ha, ha.

And, it would have been 81 messages if I had been home to add my inner thoughts and attempt at humour.

That is what happens when I decide to go away on holidays for a time.   8.9 Earthquake south of Tasmania, 9.0 Earthquake and resunting Tidal Waves (Tsunami) in Asia, and I miss out on the record Message Thread on the CLC website.....   I dont think I will ever go away again, until at least 2008 that is.  

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Jeff Hansen, #4225

John,

With that many posts in the thread (and potentially more), it adds to the overall length of that first forum page.  For those with dial-up connections, it lengthens the load time.

Just trying to keep things streamlined and running smoothly!

Jeff

Johnny

[ For those with dial-up connections, it lengthens the load time.]

I got a 7 year old computer with dial up, and theres no delay in loading the message board.  Like I stated before, I always go to the "view new posts" tab first to see what is new.

Porter

All topics start out with a Cadillac specific question or point to be made,(since we are Cadillac aficianados) when all is said and done the issue has been addressed and occasionally leads to a different topic.

That is a good thing, it leads to additional issues, opinions  or questions that get answered or discussed.

How else do we learn about our cherished marquee, I have absorbed a wealth of information about the broad spectrum of years of Cadillacs from following the message board for the last two years.

Keep the questions and opinions lively, we all learn and contribute.

The General is making quite a run these days with the Marquee, we are all part of the old guard, carrying the torch for future generations.

Without the old timers all the old knowledge will be lost, absorb what you can while its still available.

Porter

JIM

01-09-04
Jeff, that was no Thread.
It was a ROPE!!!
Good Luck, Jim

JIM CLC # 15000

01-09-04
Sorry bout that. Hit the wrong buttom.