News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

ECM Codes

Started by Wilson, January 12, 2005, 07:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

I have a 1984 Eldo Biarrtez and I just ran an ECM Diagnostic Code test. The following codes came up #23 & 52. #23 is EST/Bypass Circuit Problem and #52 is ECM Memory Reset Indicator.

I need to know what I have to do to fix the broblems. Do I have to replace the parts or just let the vehicle run for awhile since its in storage and maybe the reading showed up because the vehicle hasnt been running for awhile? I looked up what an ECM unit would cost and if I need one should I buy the one already programed, I dont have the equiptment to reprogram one.

PLease Help, trying to get her ready for the spring shows.

Tim lewis

If the battery has been disconnected recently that would explain the memory reset code.
The 23 is set when the set timing connector is unplugged or can be related to a module problem. Have you checked timing lately? If so, the code is a normal result of unplugging the connector. Clear the codes and enjoy.

Brian Rachlin

Wilson,

You should go to the following website to get lots of info on HT4100 codes:
http://www.ht4100.com. TARGET=_blank>http://www.ht4100.com.

Click on "Diagnostics for info on codes.
Click on "Links" to visit the message forum.  

As far as replacing the ECM, you probably dont have to, but if you do, make sure you get one for an 84 Eldo, and there is a difference if you have a digital dash or standard.

The computers do not use a programmer, there is a removable PROM chip under a small removable cover.  The PROM has about 80 pins on it, and it needs to be removed from the existing computer and carefully installed into the replacement unit.

Junkyards will have these, and they may be interchangeable from other years.

Sometimes you can just distonnect the battery for a few minutes to do a reset, and try again.

Regards,

Brian

Wilson

Thanks Guys,

I did have the battery disconnected for quite sometime. I ran an "Egine Data Display Mode" and all the parameters were within the ranges. All the info I got was from the 4100 Chapter, they were a great help.