News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1930 Cadillac V16 Spark Plug Gap

Started by asiahm, June 28, 2012, 12:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asiahm

What is the recommended spark plug gap (for Champion D-16 plugs) for 1930 Cadillac V16?

A.Ahmad

Chris Cummings

Hi,

You probably already know that the factory recommended .025-.028".   See owner's manual and preliminary service data brochure posted at:

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/docs/Cadillac/1930_Cadillac_V16_VVI.pdf

I assume they were assuming use of the GM-issue AC spark plugs, and I am unaware of any different recommendation specifically with respect to Champion plugs.

Hope that helps.

Chris Cummings
CLC 20072

asiahm

Thank you very much for the info/ link.  I've been trying to locate the scan of V16 manual but couldn't.  ;D

A.Ahmad

Chris Cummings

I don't think the Heritage Center has posted the 1930-31 shop manual, but there are reproductions frequently offered for sale online (as well as the occasional original).

I'm pretty sure that the shop manual calls for the same gap dimension.  But I'll check my copy tonight when I get home.

Chris Cummings

asiahm

The Heritage Center has 1930 V16 Owner's Manual as well as a Service Manual.  The plug gap is 0.025"-0.028" as mentioned by you.

Thanks

A.Ahmad