News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Aloha From Hawaii - Bought a '59 And Need To Drive it 2000+ Miles Upon Pick Up

Started by Deaf Paul, May 11, 2022, 06:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaf Paul

Thank you for clearing that up about the brake booster, 35-709.  So just need to add one more hose to run the dual right?  Is the second hose pre-made and needs to be ordered, or is this something that it is better for the the mechanic to source locally?

Quote from: 35-709 on May 18, 2022, 09:24:40 PM

To me, a Pertronix III is overkill for that car, I would use a Pertronix II, but it doesn't matter much, one or the other is fine.

Heck, the I should be fine as well right?  The reason I'm drawn to the III is because of the rev limiter feature that's built into the III.  I'm deaf, and I was warned that this car's engine feels quite isolated from the driver and there's a chance I wouldn't notice if the motor was ovverrevving due to a transmission issue or if it was accidentally put into a lower gear.  I don't want that to happen so a protective feature that I'm interested in.

-Paul

1959 Series 62 6-Window

35-709

Ah!  Keep forgetting the deaf part, sorry. 
The Pertronix I would probably be OK, yes, but the II is an updated and improved (so I am told) version.  I used the I some years ago, but since the II was introduced I use that.  Haven't had any failures with either.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Paul
Good news. Costco has 92'octane gas. That should work with a slight timing retard
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Deaf Paul

Costco is where I get my gas. Didn't even realize that their supreme was an octane point higher. I'm already having the timing retarded a hit beforenfor the 91 octane in the western states.

-Paul
1959 Series 62 6-Window