News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

What would your dream Cadillac be?

Started by Dave #17592, August 31, 2005, 08:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yann Saunders, 12588

Of the twelve units built in the period 1934-1937, one of the finest survivors Ive seen was owned in the eighties by Tom Barrett of Barrett-Jacklson auctions in Scottsdale. Theres a (poor) photo of it here:

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_ima/V6p34cp.jpg TARGET=_blank>www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_ima/V6p34cp.jpg

Jeff Gibson #22264

True to all of the above.....But I am just an old Elvis fan..!!   I have a 15x15 storage facility full of memorabilia...     always watching trying to find that elusive class 2 Pink Caddy...I have been an Elvis collector for years and would love to blend the love of Caddys with the King....   still looking........

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

My 68 Eldorado in fully restored condition.  By the way, I think the 71 Eldo bench seat was more comfortable than my 77 Biarritz seat.

Porter 21919

A 66 Fleetwood Brougham, last year for the nice dashboard , no emissions nonsense and the big 429.

The 68 472 with seatbelts and shoulder harness would be a nice addition, the best of all possible worlds.

A 58 Sixty Special of a 55 CDV would be nice too, we all have way too many favorite Cadillacs to list.

Any year Series 75 limousine.

Mike #19861

Thos 60s Fleetwoods were perhaps some of the most elegant and tasteful Cadillacs ever built. They teemed with power and comfort options. These are the years when Comfort Control, T&T steering, heated seats, and those big powerful engines such as the 429 and 472.

I love my 70 Fleetwood Brougham, but for all of its size and elegance, I love the real wood and picnic tables of the mid 60s Broughams. The dash of the 65 and 66 is a work of art.

But, the incredibly clean and powerful design of the 70 is an icon in itself. No vent windows, wiper arms or antenna to spoil the clean lines. A knockout from any angle.

Mike

Denise 20352

Did they make the 75 series in the 60s?  Those cars are elegant.

-denise

Mike #19861

Yes, they made them right up until 1986, but they switched to the FWD platform in 1985. Not nearly the same car at that point.

Mike

Porter 21919

They sure did, I would like to own one.

They go begging for buyers, nobody wants them, they are huge and many of the parts are very special.

Even the 57 Elvis ones are hard to sell, small wonder with all the rare parts. Built sometime into the 70s, I would like a 66 series 75 with the divider window, a real novelty car.

The last of the factory built limousines.

Porter

Lorelei

I own my dream Cadillac its a 1988 Coupe Deville. I love it it needs work but it a great car.

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

My 1971 Eldorado Convertible:  Sable Black, White Roof, White Leather Interior with White accent stripes (as factory painted, not otherwise, and the stock trim and wheelcovers) ". . . its got the looks!!!"

Mike #19861

The Seventy Five Series was a hugely elegant car. The choice of dignitaries and company execs the world over.

I have always wanted one too, but they require a huge garage. The rear AC system can be a nightmare to get and keep working as none of the special parts are available anymore. Most of the body and interior parts and trim are unique. With production numbers that hover around the 1000-1500 units per year, they are indeed exclusive.

The partiton equipped Imperial Limousines have relatively basic and uncomfortable front compartments, and the sedans lack the exclusiveness of the limousines but are more comfortable and practical.

But for all this, it would be nice to have one. Any one from the 50s, 60s or 70s would be fine for me.

Mike

Jerry Chase

Right on, Mike . . . though I prefer 63 through 68 Fleetwood
60 Specials.  Sorry, the 69 & 70 ones turn me off by their
too-high front seat backs and NO vent windows.

My ideal would be a 64 Fltwd. 60 sp. in sandalwood beige or
other light color.  This is tough because the upper-scale
Cads, 60 and 75 series were usually dark, somber colors:
black, dark blue, maybe dark green.  And beige is the
best color for hiding dirt!

Jerry Chase, Attleboro, Ma.

Mike #19861

I have to agree with you on the 64. That is one of my favourites. They were a beautiful car, and in the colour you mentioned, they are so elegant. They were also the first to get the 429, THM400, and Comfort Control. A milestone year for Cadillac.

But you would not like mine, I guess. Its Glenbriar Green with a matching green brovcaid cloth interior. I do like the vent windows on the previous years, but the quest to clean up the lines on the cars by eliminating exteraneous deatils really makes for a tasteful design if you veiw it from that aspect.

And, I really do like those big seats. They are supremely comfortable and supportive. They have a massive feel to them that no other car can match.

Mike

T.L. (Ty) Stinson

Now that I have my 37 8519 (V12) my real, real dream car would be a 37-40 V16 as in the recent 40 in the Photo Album. But, I think I will have to settle for a good collection of the "Self Starter" regarding 1937 V12s and other V16s. Anybody want to reduce your collection?
Ty #22330