Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Now I've done it!!! 1941 60S
« Last post by Brad Ipsen CLC #737 on Today at 09:08:21 PM »
Mark,

I faintly remember seeing this car on a club tour of Jim Green's shop many years ago.  There is plenty of local expertise in 41-60S's if you are in the Seattle area.  I have two 40-60S's so may be able to help on some but if not can lead you to who can.  Contact is brad@ipsengarage.com
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1939 LaSalle - Clutch Lever
« Last post by Jay Friedman on Today at 08:54:44 PM »
The holes in the lever on my '49s for the clevis pins are .375" in diameter.  I found commercially available clevis pins labelled as 3/8" or .375" in diameter are really about .371" in diameter and won't press fit into the lever.  I had to make clevis pins about .377" in diameter on a lathe so that they press fit into the lever and would stay in place. 
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1940 starter relay
« Last post by Tom Beaver on Today at 08:42:28 PM »
You could run a wire directly from the ground side of the starter relay to the ARM post on your voltage regulator or directly to the generator armature itself.  This would bypass your start/run relay in the voltage regulator and tell you if it is functioning correctly.  I wired up my 38 LaSalle this way and since it bypasses the start/run relay you can use the existing wire in the wire loom to make the connections.  I have had no issues with starting the engine, but I must admit that I have never deliberately pressed the starter button with the engine running because starter ring gears are as scarce as hens teeth and there is no need to tempt fate.

Tom Beaver
General Discussion / Re: Remove Carb 1970 Deville
« Last post by 76eldo on Today at 07:46:44 PM »
Take pics and mark where everything goes too.
For Sale - Parts / Re: 1970 NOS & used parts.
« Last post by William Aprile on Today at 06:48:46 PM »
do you have any rear springs
With so many listings, the only sure way to get wheels to fit is by trial and error.

The only cross-referencing lists might be with the aftermarket people, but always in the fine print will be
words like "final fit will be up to the owner"   Or "No responsibility taken for non-fitting wheels"

Bruce. >:D
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1952 series 62 replacement wheels
« Last post by Technician! on Today at 06:02:14 PM »
It would be nice to find a chart that lists all applications, including width, off-set and back spacing.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1952 series 62 replacement wheels
« Last post by Technician! on Today at 06:00:03 PM »
Thank you!
General Discussion / Re: BOGO National Meets?
« Last post by Jason Edge on Today at 05:59:01 PM »
Looks like the GN in Lombard is about 20 miles west of the main Chicago area. The hotel looks pretty nice. Here is a screen shot from our 63/64 Chapter Newsletter with 2022 GN info. 

General Discussion / Re: 1963 station wagon
« Last post by jwwseville60 on Today at 05:37:44 PM »
Thanks!
Even with the parts slow down, we are proceeding well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10