News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Self-Starter Supplement

Started by Qaanik, July 05, 2007, 06:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qaanik

Hi All--

Just finished perusing the very excellent supplement to the Self-Starter, and while I enjoyed the various drawings, if any of the blue cars drawn by Bill Molzon on page 29 were built, that's the one I'd be in line to buy, not the iPhone!!  ;D
1959 Coupe DeVille
1972 Coupe DeVille

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I've missed the annual Self-Starter supplements since they were discontinued several years ago.  I didn't know the club had begun publishing them again and I'll look forward to receiving my copy.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

The main reason the "supplements" were dropped was the upgrading of the S/S in general. Past President Ron Van Gelderen applied to the Board to subsidize this "more or less, one time" offering of the work that was presented at the GN last year.
This was done, and the results speak for themselves.

I might also say that if it were not for the sound fiscal procedures of our Treasurer, Larry Lesiger, works like this project would be impossible to subsidize. You can't pull twenty thousand dollars out of your budget "just like that," (which was done in this case) unless you have a large surplus. It has taken years to set aside the amount we now have available. We obtain the services of Larry at no charge to the Club, and he treats each nickel we spend as if it is drawing out his life's blood. At times, to get a project approved, we have had to wait until he takes a bathroom break...

Please be sure to thank your officers, for what they do for the Club when you see them at the GN.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Terry Wenger CLC # 1800

Qaanik:

As I looked through the Design Supplement to the Self-Starter, I agreed with you 100%. Bill Molzon's designs have captured Cadillac. That Sixty-Special is terrific! It incorporates the past with future design in a gorgeous way.  His designs elevate Cadillac to where it should be. Cadillac should take notice !

Terry

RAMcGrew

Quote from: Terry Wenger  CLC # 1800 on July 06, 2007, 09:14:23 AM
Qaanik:

As I looked through the Design Supplement to the Self-Starter, I agreed with you 100%. Bill Molzon's designs have captured Cadillac. That Sixty-Special is terrific! It incorporates the past with future design in a gorgeous way.  His designs elevate Cadillac to where it should be. Cadillac should take notice !

Terry

I loved them too.  Alas I missed my Dues Notice due my move to South Denver!  ACK!!  I'm gonna cry!  :'(
I can't pay it til the 18th, so I guess I have to drool all over my son's copy.   Hey, pays him back for drooling all over me when he was a baby.  >:D
Randall A. McGrew
Denver, CO 80231

1956 Cadillac 6219 Sedans  daily driver  12 - 16 mpg on reg gas

"You Can Kill a Horse but not a Cadillac! "  Old 1909 Cadillac Ad

"The voice of the majority is no proof of Justice!"  and "Against Stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain!"

J. Friedrich Christoph Von Schiller (1759-1805)

Matt427

Quote from: RAMcGrew CLC# 17693 on July 09, 2007, 05:27:04 PM

ACK!!  I'm gonna cry!  :'(

Don't cry Randall. There's an ad in the Self-Starter offering as many copies as you would like to purchase at around seven bucks each if memory serves me right.

Whit Otis, 1188

One Molzon 60 Special please, where do I send the check?
Whit Otis
Whit Otis -
1941 6219D Custom
1941 6219D
1940 7533F
1986 Mercedes Benz 560 SEL
1999 Bentley Arnage
2019 XT5
Drawing of AP Sloan Custom by Terry Wenger

Dave Leger CLC #19256

While you're at it  buy me one too Whit!    Randall, we missed you at the big meeting and BBQ last Tue.

Dave
Dave Leger     1947 6207 Club Coupe

The Tassie Devil(le)

Now I know what you guys were talking about.

I just received my copy of the Self Starter, and lo and behold, there was the said Supplement.

Up until then, I was having funny thoughts that I was going mad.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   Couldbe those funny thoughts are actually true?
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

chip benson

Great stuff... I really enjoyed it!!
1969 CAD 68367 DVC

Doug Houston

It certainly is an interesting compendium. I was most impreseed by Don Wood's creations. The cars look as though they are burrowing into the ground. I might suggest a name for his specialties; La Excavata".

Sled

Quote from: Doug Houston on July 31, 2007, 12:09:36 AM
The cars look as though they are burrowing into the ground.

Gotta love that!

Matt
1950 Cad. 500 bb. Air ride

CLC# 23491

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

And I still thing Cadillac missed the boat by not calling the Escalade the Eldorancho as proposed in a cartoon in the Self-Starter shortly after the division announced it would have an SUV.

artdeco

Most excellent reading and LOOKING.
Larry Guetschow

Johnny F #662

Anyone want my Self-Starter Supplement for the cost of postage?