News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

i need some help from some cadillac boys... :)

Started by The Cadillac Girlfriend, November 28, 2007, 09:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cadillac Girlfriend

Hi there,

I don't know where to start, so here is good i suppose! I will give you some background... my boyfriend owns a 1965 Cadillac Coupe De Ville. I am looking for a bone colored steering wheel and a few other things (trunk emblem mechanism for instance). i am not sure what NOS is but i know that it is something close to original... i think i should say. anywho, i am trying to do this for christmas and i need to find out where to go to get it in time. thanks for your help and time. i appreciate it ALOTTTT! as you can probably see, i don't know much about cars but i love my man and he loves that car... so... that means by default i love the car :)

If you have any words of wisdom on how to go about looking for these items PLEASE, PLEASE fill me in  - im clueless!!!

Thanks a bunches  ;D

Have a great holiday season and hope all is well!

Nikki (the cadillac girlfriend)
nlgraf@asu.edu is my email
oh, and im located in arizona, dont know if that will help out
anything at this point for me is help :)

Whit Otis, 1188

Nikki (The Cadillac Girlfriend), 
Wow, when you say "I don't know much about cars but I love my man and he loves that car... so... that means by default I love the car" half the guys on this forum are going to wonder where you've been all their life  :)  Sorry I can't help with the parts, but couldn't resist replying.... maybe you could send up a few gallons of the water from your area so I could use it around my house for drinking water!  :)
Good luck on your search!
Whit Otis
Whit Otis -
1941 6219D Custom
1941 6219D
1940 7533F
1986 Mercedes Benz 560 SEL
1999 Bentley Arnage
2019 XT5
Drawing of AP Sloan Custom by Terry Wenger

35-709

Nikki,
Check out  http://motors.listings.ebay.com/  Put 1965 Cadillac in the eBay Motors SEARCH engine and see what is there.  Finding a nice steering wheel in that color may prove difficult, might be better off to have the one on your BF's car redone.  Get a copy of Hemmings Motor News at your local newsstand or bookstore.  Just about everything and everybody is in there.  NOS means "New Old Stock", ie a new 1965 part (in your case) that has never been used.  Good luck.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

homeonprunehill

Hi there,

... my boyfriend owns a 1965 Cadillac Coupe De Ville. I am looking for a bone colored steering wheel and a few other things (trunk emblem mechanism for instance). i am not sure what NOS is but i know that it is something close to original... this for christmas and i need to find out where to go to get it in time. thanks for your help and time. i appreciate it ALOTTTT! as you can probably see, i don't know much about cars but i love my man and he loves that car... so... that means by default i love the car :)

If you have any words of wisdom on how to go about looking for these items PLEASE, PLEASE fill me in  - im clueless!!!

Thanks a bunches  ;D

Have a great holiday season and hope all is well!

Nikki (the cadillac girlfriend)

oh, and im located in arizona, dont know if that will help out
anything at this point for me is help :)

11-27-07
Nikki, I hope this is not bad news for you, but since you said that you lived in AZ there are a couple of wreaking yards in the Phoenix area that you should call-on for a steering wheel and the thrunk emblem. BY THE WAY  NOS stands for, New Old Stock. You are unlikely to find a steering-wheel or trunk emblem in the NOS cayagory. If you don't live in the Phoenix area, go to your local library and look-up antique auto parts for phone numbers. If your boy-friend is not a member of the Cadillac La Salle Club you can join him-up for a lot-less then the cost on a steering-wheel to sign him-up, go to the home-page and all you need to know to get him in the club by Chirstmas, if not Christmas, he has a birth-day coming-up.
Good lock,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Dave Leger CLC #19256

Hi Nikki,

I have had good luck with parts for my 1947 from Arizona Vintage Parts - http://www.azvintageparts.com/ - reasonable prices, fast shipping, good quality.  They say they have over 300 old cadillacs from 1941 to 1984.  They are located in Phoenix.

Dave
Dave Leger     1947 6207 Club Coupe

Mark

If looking for a good steering wheel, I would stay away from the hot southwest cars that the interiors have been baked for the past 40 years and look at the cooler climate vehicles.  Your best might be to find one from a professional car such as a hearse since they were often garaged and well maintained.  

Good luck - but I agree with Jim, a membership in the Cadillac & LaSalle Club is a great present that your boyfriend will appreciate all year.  There's a CLC Region in Tempe/Phoenix area that is very active - consider a membership in that group also.

clcsdr.com

cadillaclasalleclub.org/regions.shtml

cadillaclasalleclub.org/chapters.shtml

the cadillac girlfriend

Hi guys, thanks so much for your help! i am going to check out the sites you gave me but a membership is the next best thing that i can do if i can't find anything! thanks again you guys are sooooo helpful!

nikki

35-709

the cadillac girlfriend

so i must say i have been getting somewhere with some of the help you boys have provided thanks so much again. its looking like i can have a steering wheel redone and sold to me (so it looks like new) and the same guy will be able to help me with the truck emblem cover! i think for his birthday i can see if he would be interested in joining you fellas in the club! i would love to do rides and shake your hands personally for saving me lots of time and run around! have a great day! thanks again!

nikki  :)

35-709

I say, let's not beat a dead horse.  I have no gripes with how this forum is administered or the administrators themselves. 

Bill Podany #19567

Try Steering Wheel Restoration in Pickens, SC; Grey's Steering Wheel Restoration in Carlisle, PA; F.E.N. Enterprises of New York; Arizona Vintage Auto Parts in Phoenix, AZ; Cadillac's of the 40's and 50's in California, and finally McVeys in KS.
Where does a car guy find a women like you?  Hope this helps and good luck.
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado

Paul Zanetti

Quote from: Bill Podany #19567 on December 02, 2007, 01:08:23 PM
Where does a car guy find a women like you?  Hope this helps and good luck.

Bill,

My tip is to find a car nut with a like-minded daughter. I found my then girlfriend and current wife through the hobby. My Michelle refuses to buy a new car, drives my Eldo regularly, had a '54  Corvette as a daily driver up until a few years ago,  and has driven many early Caddies as daily drivers. Today she's gone a bit modern and has a '64 Tbird convertible as a daily driver. Modern cars bore her. The 'Cadillac girlfriends' are out there. We spent yesterday at our local Caddy Club Christmas party at a park near Brisbane. And there were plenty of guys with their like-minded Caddy-girlfriends and missuses in tow, all loving and enjoying the cars and the car folk.

Suggest you don't join Greenpeace or other lefty organisations motivated to get cars off the road.

Paul Zanetti
1959 Eldorado Biarritz
www.zanetti.net.au

Bill Podany #19567

Paul,

Thanks for the reply; your 59 Cad and your wife are both beautiful, congratulations.

Bill Podany
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado

David #19063

Hello Nikki,

Desert Valley Auto Parts is in the Phoenix area, I have gotten some great parts therre when I have visited Phoenix.

If you are not close to there call them and they can mail you the parts.

Here is their website:

dvap.com

They list 11 '65 Cadillac's they are parting out, plus pictures of each car!:

http://www.dvautoparts.com/list_cars.php

David
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

Perry G

Don't give up Bill,,,, They are out there,, I found my wife after 39 years of not looking. She Made me go to Iola car show last year for our 6th anniversary . She also won't drive, Own, Anything that is under 20 years old. And she works on them !!!