News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'57 Throttle return spring and bracket

Started by Paul Flykt #18899, July 19, 2008, 09:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Flykt #18899

As long as I am under the hood of my '57 on a daily basis I may as well get the correct spring and bracket for the throttle return. I am sure mine was incorrect from day I bought the car. Does anyone have a photo or description? Now mine is a spring from the trunnion on the TV rod at the carb to the bracket that holds the temp gauge wire. This bracket is bolted to the left rear bolt on the intake manifold.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

Walter Youshock

Paul,

The return spring attaches to the top throttle carb bracket.  There is a tab bent toward the carb bowl for the spring.  The other end attaches to a hole in the power steering pump toward the center of the engine.

I got a replacement on ebay somebody was remaking, but I havent seen them selling for some tome.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Paul Flykt #18899

Walter

Thank-you for your reply. I looked at a hole in the power steering pump bracket thinking that may be the place to attached a bracket. It just seemed to be to far from the carburetor.

Paul

Walter Youshock

The spring is about a foot long overall.  There are only about 20 or 30 actual coils that add up to about 3 inches of the overall piece.  I can zap you a photo later on.  As far as getting a replacement, maybe MAstermind in CA who specializes in '57-'58 Eldorado Broughams.  I don't think the spring was used on any other GM car.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Paul Flykt #18899

THanks Walter
A photo would be a great help.
Paul

Walter Youshock

Paul,

I zapped you a personal email with some photos.  Hope it works out!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham