News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1967 Cadillac Eldorado center arm rest and ash tray an Option?

Started by Matt CLC#18621, October 15, 2008, 09:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt CLC#18621

Was the center arm rest and ash tray optional on the 1967 Cadillac Eldorado, my 67 does not have one?

Thanks,

Matt
CLC# 18621

Ted in Olympia WA

Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

Glen

I believe that armrest and ashtray only came with the optional buck seats.   

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Glen, there's no place for an armrest on a bucket car.  I'm more familiar with 68's & have the data book. It doesn't say alot about it, but a console was optional .  I'm sure it was for 67 also.  The  67 was a strange car with the rear 1/4 windows standard manual. Wouldn't surprise me they made the ashtray optional also. Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Glen

Hummm… Your right.  I’m not use to seeing an ashtray on the back of the armrest.  And the armrest was replaced by the console in bucket seat cars. 

Guess I need to hit the books some more. 

Thanks for the correction. 

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Walter Youshock

Weren't the rear quarter windows manual whereas the front door windows were power on the '67?!?!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

That's my point!!!  A brand new luxury car & the 1/4 windows were standard manual & optional power!! They became standard power in 68.

Walter Youshock

Was that true of the Toronado as well?

I remember a friend of mine had a mid-80's Saab like that.  Doesn't make much sense...
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Guidematic

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

There are several 66/67 Toros on ebay with manual front windows. But... power windows were an option including front & rear. It seems that only Cadillac offered door windows power standard & 1/4 windows  power optional in 67. Strange! Please don't get me going by talking about 46/47 Cadillac convs. with power windows in the front only & 46/47 Ford Sportsman convs. with power in the front AND the 1/4 windows.   LOL   Bob

Matt CLC#18621

What was Cadillac thinking by not offering power rear windows…a $63.00 option (emphasis added)?  I watch all 67 Eldorados on eBay and I find at all production dates 10/66 through 06/67 some that are fully loaded do not have power rear windows.  About two years back, there was a 67 Eldorado fully loaded including front disk brakes and a ”HEATED SEAT” (didn’t know this was an option) with MANUAL rear windows.  Who ordered that car? 

CONVENIENCE OPTIONS
Auxiliary horn ($12)
Automatic Climate Control ($516)
Bucket seats with console with required leather upholstery ($184)
Firemist finish ($132)
Cruise control ($95)
Front disc brakes ($105)
Door guards ($5)
Soft Ray glass ($51)
Guide-Matic headlamp control ($50)
Head rests ($53)
Leather upholstery ($158)
License frame, single ($6), pair ($12)
Padded roof ($132)
Power door locks ($47)
Rear quarter power ventipanes ($63)
AM radio ($162)
AM/FM radio ($188)
AM/FM stereo ($288)
Reclining front seat with headrests with required bucket seats or bench seats ($84)
Four-way lefthand power bucket seat ($53)
Six-way power front seat ($83)
Rear center seat belt ($11)
Front shoulder straps ($32)
Tilt-telescope steering wheel ($90)
Remote control trunk lock ($52)
Twilight Sentinel ($37)
White sidewall tires, size 9.00 x 15 four-ply 8PR-5 ($56 exchange)

Ted in Olympia WA

Most of those prices are higher than what I'm getting today, the market is terrible on eBay right now.

I don't see the ash tray on the list?

TED

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Matt, what can I say but AGREE. Is the car in question a manual 1/4 window car?  I think heated seats were an option in 67. Bob

Walter Youshock

I think the heated seat came out earlier than '67--either '65 or '66.  I'll have to check.  It was available through '68.  It was for the front seat in all cars but the 75 series where it was available only for the rear seats.

I remember seeing a '67 CDV in the junkyard with it and could kick myself for not taking it out of the car.  I also saw a '68 Brougham that had it.

I read somewhere that the elements were prone to shorting out or not shutting off or something and they eventually dropped it as an option.  Funny how things run a course.  Will swivel seats and headlight dimmers ever come back?  Just as Guidematic was dropped, the automatic dimming mirrors returned.  Even air bags and anti-lock brakes were around in the '70's.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Ted in Olympia WA

They did mention the heated seats in the 67 Eldorado owner's manual.  One thing that got me is that they also mention a no heater option with only a vent and fan.

TED

Walter Youshock

OK:  From Roy Schneider's "Cadillacs of the Sixties", the heated seat option debuted in 1966 and was $78.95.  It ran to 1969 and was $94.75.  The 1970 Owners Manual makes no mention of it.  The feature was supposed to shut off once the heater came on.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Matt CLC#18621

Roy Schneider's "Cadillacs of the Sixties", mention the 1967 Cadillac Eldorado center arm rest and ash tray as an Option?

Thanks,

Matt
CLC# 18621

GTN

My 1967 Eldorado has the center armrest, with an ashtray at the back side for the rear seat passengers.  There is a HUGE double ashtray in the center of the dash board, so it would be redundant to have one in the front of the armrest. Hope this helps.

BJM

I've owned a 66 Toronado and 2 67 Eldorados. The 66 Toros came with standard (base) and deluxe interiors. Base interiors were front AND rear manual windows and had plain door panels.  Deluxe Toros came with front and rear power windows and dual interior door release handles (different door panels)  The power window / deluxe interior option was on 96 % of Toronado production for 1966 making the standard interior much rarer and (I guess) more collectible.

Both my 67 Eldorados had manual rear windows, not sure on production dates but one was full leather and I think better equipped.

I located a 67 Eldorado in Montana last year with Houndstooth interior. How rare is that choice for interior fabric? Like the one I saw in Hemmings Classic Car.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

GTN, we're talking about ashtrays on the BACK of the armrest. Actually the armrest support. BJM, the houndstooth was one of two cloth type choices. Not rare at all. Bob