News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'73 Parts cars.. MINE!

Started by Hankk17, December 03, 2011, 10:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hankk17

Still have to grab the last two as we ran out of light today.  It was an interesting day with only two frozen rear wheels thankfully.  We had some help from the guy I bought these from because he wanted them gone just as much as I wanted them for their convertible parts :)

tomorrow we grab the rest.

Oh, and didja ever think a Jeep Rubicon could tow a 5000 pound monster?  yeah, me either but it did and did it with gusto.

Hank K.
Wherever you go... There you are

Bob Steur

I love that picture with the red, white and blue cars in a row.

TJ Hopland

Cool   If i had the space I would have way more than the 5 Eldo's I own now. 

Can a Jeep tow an Eldorado or is it a good safe thing?  Those are two entirely different questions.   I used to think a 1/2 ton truck was a towing machine.  I then owned a heavy 1 ton dually for a while and that opinion changed.  Now my current 3/4 ton scares be sometimes.  I am also a firm believer in working trailer brakes (not to mention I believe its the law in all 50 states when you are at the weight of an eldo on a trailer).  At the least working trailer brakes will save you from having to replace the rotors on your tow rig whatever it is since about 90% of the rotors now days are too thin garbage that will warp just by looking at them.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Hankk17

Oh no way this is going to be a regular occurrence TJ.  my buddy's tow vehicle just died (blown engine) and we needed to get these out of the old chicken coop they were stored in pronto.

Also, snow's coming (maybe?  eventually?  someday when we stop having 60+ weather in new england)  and we didn't want to have to dig out the doors to the building or work in the blasted cold.

TJ Hopland

You still have 60's?   Dang.  Im sitting here today thinking the 30's with light wind is likely as good as its going to get for a while so I should get off my butt and get some things moved before they are buried in snow.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Hankk17

well it was high 40s today.. still a ton warmer than we usually are in MA/NH.  Got the last two home today and boy am I beat.

-Hank k