News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Sad News, passing of Motor City Region member Peg Van Luven

Started by Tim Pawl CLC#4383, June 11, 2012, 10:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

I thought there are many of you who knew Peg Van Luven , she passed away suddenly last week, and the funeral services were this past Saturday.  She had just attended the Fleetwood Farms show in Ontario the previous weekend.  Peg and husband Bill were frequent travelers on the CLC National driving tours. An active member of the Motor City Region she will be missed. The family asks that any memorials be made to The Cadillac Lasalle Club Museum & Research Center.   Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Richard Sills - CLC #936

Tim, that is very sad news.  I always enjoyed talking with Peg and Bill at Grand National Meets.  My sincere condolences to Bill and their family.

Richard Sills

Art Director

I sure missed chatting with Peg and Bill at the Grand National in St. Augustine. At last year's GN in Columbus, Peg graciously allowed me to lift the hood of their 1963 Coupe de Ville so I could take photos of some correct parts I needed for my car's restoration.

Bill, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Joe Manna

Sorry to hear of the bad news.Never met them but it is tough to lose a Region member.My condolences to the family.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Guidematic

I too am saddened by her sudden passing. I met her onece at the Fleetwood Country Cruize-Ine a few years ago. Both her and her husband were very gracious people. They will have a lasting impression on me as to what real old car folk should be like.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69