News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

VIDEO FROM 57 or 58.

Started by R Schroeder, November 27, 2012, 06:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R Schroeder

There are a lot of nice Cadillac's in here. Video says 1953, but it has to be 57 or 58.
Watch for the purple Lincoln too.
Roy

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=7LpPKAhW9-s&vq=medium

pcb50

I saw a '59 ford along a curb, but no '60's.
1946 62 sedan

Renato

R. Bognar

Walter Youshock

That was just BEAUTIFUL!  Anyone notice what looked like a black '56 Cad with the quad headlight conversion; the two Eldorado convertibles ('55 and/or '56) parked on the curb?  Fair amount of Cadillacs everywhere but I'm a bit surprised at the amount of pickup trucks tooling around.

Would have been nice to see an Eldorado Brougham in there...
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

R Schroeder

This video is priceless, hey ?
I still have not seen some of the cars you guys pointed out. Still looking for that 59 Ford. Saw a 57 going by.
Roy

Guidematic

I love stuff like this. Awesome!

The newest cars I saw were '57's. A couple of Cadillacs and a whole bunch of Chevies.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

Walter Youshock

There was a black '57 series 62 sedan to the right of the camera car at the beginning of the video.  Later, it was following a '57 series 62 convertible with the top up.  Also saw a '57 in a parking lot to the right.

Even for the vintage color quality, you get a sense of being surrounded by all those great '50's colors.  May be a good thing I wasn't around back then.  I'd be too distracted looking at everybody's cars!

Was this driver a bit distracted--he almost plowed into that turquoise T-bird.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Guidematic

LOL! I think the T-Bird jumped the gun and cut the driver off. May have had to stop for pedestrians?

Mike

R Schroeder

My cousins laundry bill went up when he saw that Bird almost get hit.
He has a 55, and guards it like a hawk................ha
Great old film. Brings back my high school days. My first car was a 51 Ford, like the one in the beginning.
Roy

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Enjoyed it Roy. Thanks for posting.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Walter Youshock

The two Eldorados are parked in front of Nancy's which is where the pileup with the T-bird almost happened at 2:45.  Both look like white cars.

About 1:30 into the video is another '55 Eldorado coming from a side street to the right.  A few seconds later, the black '56 with the quad headlights comes down the street.

Easiest Cadillac to find is the '55 coupe at the light on Vine St.  You have to look very closely to see the cars in all the parking lots but there are a lot of Cadillacs to find.

A few Lincolns and even fewer Imperials here and there, which pretty much proves that Cadillac was THE luxury car leader!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Guidematic

Roy,

You did it to me, I spent the entire afternoon watching You Tube. But I eneded up watching some fascinating videos of road construction from the 30's, 40's and 50's. No foul, though. It's not a nice day out there, my day off and it was a good excuse to couch potato and have a few beers. I hooked it up to the TV and surround sound and me and the wife enjoyed the show. That is until her bloody soapie came on.....

Mike

The Tassie Devil(le)

Boy, take the same route these days and you would be hard to identify even a quarter of the makes and models as everything looks the same, until you get close enough to read the name, and decipher the badges.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Ross Morgan #22943

I coincidently got this link last weekend and have also been fascinated!  At 2:48, there is a cinema/theatre on the right called the "Admiral". I strained my eyes to work out which movies were being shown and after some "Yann" style detective work, found out they were "The Searchers" featuring John Wayne and Natalie Wood and secondly, "Francis in the Navy” starring Donald O’Connor.  The movies were released in 1956 and 1955 respectively. If this video was taken in 1957, the movies are not new releases. Perhaps there weren't as many movies then and they stayed on longer?
Anyway, I hired The Searchers DVD and watched it last night! Not bad, some over acting by a few but John Wayne was a class act!

Ross.

Walter Youshock

Great work, Ross!  Never thought of that sleuthing.

There were LOTS of movies being produced back then--possibly even more than today.  After a first-run in larger theatres, they'd trickle down to the smaller theatres and be rerun--like a Broadway show that closes and then it goes on tour.

So amazing someone had the idea to shoot this and that it survived. 

There is an episode of "Emergency!" with a shot of the Cadillac Southgate plant in the background. 
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Bill Balkie 24172

Thanks for posting , i enjoyed the Pontiac Dealer sign .I was very surprised to see so many Cadillacs. At the end looked like two white Eldorado's ,one Seville , one Biarritz on the right hand side .I will watch this over and over . thanks again ,
     Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS