News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Shopping for a newer Caddy is so frustrating!

Started by Art Director, April 25, 2014, 09:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Big Apple Caddy on April 30, 2014, 02:41:45 PM
Right although in the case of the OP's purchase of the 2003 DeVille DTS, the NADA retail value turned out to be pretty well in line with his purchase price.

In my book, 30% below real world market retail is not in line at all.

As I have said earlier, a dealer friend just purchased a 2001 Dodge Ram short box, regular cab 4x4 with 16,000 miles for $10,600 for inventory for his car lot. And he will earn a profit on it.

What does NADA claim for that vehicle?

*NADA used to provide a disclaimer:

"The values listed in this guide are approximations only. We make no attempt to place a value on vehicles with extremely low mileage that are in mint condition."

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: 49er on April 30, 2014, 03:08:24 PM
The problem is fellas, these are rough guidance publications, they are not bibles and all things are never equal.

True!  Lots of potential variables especially with older vehicles.

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: ericdev on April 30, 2014, 03:44:58 PM
In my book, 30% below real world market retail is not in line at all.

I was commenting that the NADA value was pretty in line with (or similar to) Tim's purchase price, not that it necessarily reflects true market values in all areas, circumstances, etc.  However, another "real world" example is a year newer 2004 Cadillac DeVille DTS with 42k miles at a Cadillac dealership in Fort Lauderdale with an asking price of $7,988.  That’s already about $700 below NADA retail.

Art Director

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on April 30, 2014, 06:11:15 AM
As you know, Tim, we all like to see photos around here.  Sounds like a nice car.
OK, guys, you asked for photos. Here are some the seller provided in the listing.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Dan LeBlanc

I like it and I'm a bit jealous at the same time.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Roger Zimmermann

Nice car! I had a 2000, now I have a 2011, chystal red. On "your" car, the rear spoiler is a bit out of place...
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101