News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Incredible article on China and the auto industry of the future

Started by Jeff Maltby 4194, October 11, 2014, 09:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Dave Shepherd

Yikes, no  good news for the U.S. .I can tell you, in my shop Chinese drums, rotors and modern efi parts have a high initial failure rate

Jeff Maltby 4194

As the big 3 go, so does the country=whom fracked it up and why ?

http://fortune.com/2014/10/09/detroit-bicycle-manufacturing/?utm_content=buffer61ba3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

That Giant Sucking Sound 1992 debate brings back lots of memories @ America is 4 Sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkgx1C_S6ls Lets get it ON.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

59-in-pieces

I particularly agree with the sentiments expressed (by Ross) in the second youtube posting by Jeff.
There was a time when "made in America" meant something.
The foreign goods coming to the US - not only for cars, but across the board - have deteriorated because of businesses and our Government chasing profits ahead of quality - safety - durability and on and on.
Having grown up in a family who consistently bought Cadillacs, I can still remember my father commenting about how cheap they had become over the years from steal to plastics in too many parts of the cars - "Planned Obsolescence" he said.
Maybe if we would stop sending our jobs over seas - and more recently to Canada to escape taxes - our US pride in  "Made in America" might some day return home and abroad.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

59-in-pieces

Jeff,
Do you always run around with 5 gallons of gas to throw on the fire - good for you.
However, a nice comment from you before or after you toss the gas would be nice.
If only this particular post would make it to the main stream networks or publications, for those who still read.
Then I would hope that we could clean house and bring back our jobs and build cars and other products that once again could be considered to be the Standard of the World.
And an aside for sure, but did anyone watch the Velocity channel last night.  The commentary was about the Chinese evolving their auto production volumes from 3 wheeled motorcycle transports to beyond that of Europe and the UK, within the past 5 years.  The narrators also compared the models the Chinese are building to those of the UK and elsewhere, that were simply a knock off with a name change.  The Chinese, they said, have little concern about patents and such.  bought any Gucci or Vitan off the streets lately.  The narrators predicted "we" would "all" be driving Chinese cars within the next 5 years.
Shutter.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher