News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hershey 2014

Started by Jon S, October 12, 2014, 10:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Series75

Art, a final sentence to your post......(from Seinfeld) "not that there is anything wrong with that"
Because that kid with the blow torch may one day build the New production Cadillac that propels the Cadillac brand beyond expectations.   Tom CLC#6866

Chuck Swanson

Quote from: Coupe Deville on October 18, 2014, 02:28:36 AM
I'm sixteen so I definitely see that side of young people. Everything has to be new and shiny and have buttons that make noises and lights up and have a touch screen or they wont even look in its direction. Not really any appreciation for older cars anymore from younger people except for "Thats cool". Oh well.

Nice to have you on the forum!  In Upstate NY, plenty of kids interested in the older cars.  Would be nice if there were more of these programs below:

http://www.esmschools.org/webpages/rbeckley/
https://www.facebook.com/mscautoclub

Also, when my sons & friends,teenagers, play Xbox Forza, many of them pick the 60s musclecars or other older cars :)

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/forza-horizon-2#fbid=4v_sK9ceOtu
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I must say I was astounded by the knowledge that Colt lad possesses. At this rate, it won't be long before he runs rings around all of us.

You should adopt him, Art.  ;D
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Quote from: Coupe Deville on October 18, 2014, 02:28:36 AM
I'm sixteen so I definitely see that side of young people. Everything has to be new and shiny and have buttons that make noises and lights up and have a touch screen or they wont even look in its direction. Not really any appreciation for older cars anymore from younger people except for "Thats cool". Oh well.

Been there myself, although the hot thing back then was Zs and Trans Ams. Used to tell 'em, "You go play in the sandbox with your cute little toys. I drive real cars."  8)

Congrats to you on your fortitude.

A headlight switch for a '49 Caddy in your local NAPA store?

I'm in shock... :o

C.R. Patton II

Hello

Inclusion, mentoring and serving as role models to our youth is the key to the survival and growth of our hobby.  Great job Art and Eric!
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.