News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New guy with a 54 fleetwood

Started by Mattmc54, November 20, 2014, 05:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattmc54

Hey fellas! Just came aboard here,I didn't see a spot for intro's so I figure posting here would work. Anyways, I'm Matt (33) and I own a 1954 60 special fleetwood. This is my first cadillac. I've always wanted to own one, and I finally got it. I have owned many classic cars and trucks but nothing like a caddy. I also have a 63 f100 project in the works. I hope to learn more about these cars , they were so advanced for there time.  Glad to be here!
1954 cadillac fleetwood 60 special
1963 ford f100

gary griffin

Nice car Matt. I hope you will consider joining the Cadillac LaSalle club both the national and your local chapter also.  It is fun to associate with people who share your enthusiasm.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Mattmc54

Thank you Gary! I'm still trying to figure out all the options on the site, mainly the profile summary. I can't figure out how to fill out my age, location and so on.
1963 ford f100

Walter Youshock

Welcome to the proud family of Cadillac owners!  Great selection for your first Cadillac.   Nothing like a black Fleetwood.  You'll get more information here than anywhere.   I see it has air and autronic eye.  Very well optioned.

What color is your interior? 
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

sding

Welcome! I've learned a lot of good imfo on this forum. Nice car :)

C.R. Patton II

Hello Matt

Welcome to the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Forum! 

Please make a list of questions.  We exist to assist.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Beautiful Miss Daisy car. (Almost - hers was '55).

Congratulations and welcome to the CLC forum.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Nice car and welcome to the forum!  You should have an email from which answers your question concerning modifying your forum profile.  Should you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Mattmc54

Thank you all for the compliments! They are greatly appreciated!
1963 ford f100

Mattmc54

Quote from: Walter Youshock on November 20, 2014, 05:47:05 PM
Welcome to the proud family of Cadillac owners!  Great selection for your first Cadillac.   Nothing like a black Fleetwood.  You'll get more information here than anywhere.   I see it has air and autronic eye.  Very well optioned.

What color is your interior?
Thanks you, my interior is green, seats have been recovered and carpet is new(black). Everything else is pretty much original. Dash pad and inside paint are in great shape. I'm guessing it came with all the bells and whistles. Power windows and seats, and they all work! However the a/c and autotronic eye need some work.
1963 ford f100

okccadman

Welcome Matt!  Great looking 54!  Be sure to check the CadillIkes chapter website as well.  We are devoted to 54-56 Cadillacs.  The site is here and membership is free with you national CLC membership:

http://midcenturycadillacs.com/index.php?board=9.0
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

walt chomosh #23510

Matt,
  I'm with Walter Youshock on this one.....there's nothing like a black Cadillac!....walt...tulsa,ok

76eldo

Welcome to Cadillac ownership and to our club.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Davidinhartford

jaxops

Welcome Matt!  Great car!  We had a recent discussion here about building "new" old 54 Cadillacs!
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

1954 Fleetwood Series 60 Special

Bill Young

Welcome! , Beautiful Car. It reminds me of 1972 I was a Sophmore in high school in Rochester , New York . My Friend Dave Laughton and I used to hang out at Bucky's Junk Yard because they always got the cars that were abandoned on the city streets and we would wait for the Cadillac's to get towed in and we would have first crack at parts. One day they towed in a 1954 black Fleetwood Sixty Special with gray interior and Autronic Eye. They did not like us cause we had long hair. I went inside the office and said I wanted to buy the 60 Special ( it had no rust, it was a time capsule ), they said they would not sell it. The next day when we went back they had dropped a '64 Ford station wagon on it on purpose. It crushed the roof down to the doors. We never went back. Again Welcome!