News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Dad's '57 Biarritz

Started by salguod, December 05, 2015, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salguod

I'm long overdue to update you on Dad's '57.  In spring of '13 Dad set out to get his Eldorado, in the family since 1959, back on the road.  Summer or 2013 came and went as did 2014's with progress, but not yet roadworthy.  In October he was finally able to drive it on the storage property and Thanksgiving weekend of last year it finally hit the road - to the gas station and back.  Then it went to bed again for the winter.

This summer, however, Dad had it at his house and drove it and showed it many times.  I was able to go up for one weekend in early August where Dad participated in 3 shows with it - the Perrysburg cruise in, the Maumee Summer fair and the AAA show. It was perhaps a bit much for one weekend, but we had a lot of fun. He also made the NW Ohio club picnic and the rainy Cadillac show at Taylor Cadillac, where he won a trophy for the best or favorite '50-'59 (see newsletter here).  He also was able to drive a friend and his new bride from their wedding to the reception.

There's still much to do, but it's on the road and he's enjoying it.  Over the winter he's hoping to get the top and windows working again.

Here are a few pictures, see more here on Flickr.

2015-06-21 17.40.12 by _salguod, on Flickr

2015-06-21 17.38.50 by _salguod, on Flickr

Cadillacs by _salguod, on Flickr
salguod
1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz (Dad's Toy) - Elysian Green, inside and out
1960 Thunderbird Convertible (My Toy) -  Raven Black, Red leather
1996 BMW 318ti (My Daily Driver/Toy) - Boston Green, Dove Gray leather
www.salguod.net

Jon S

Looks very nice!  What else needs to be done to it?
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

salguod

The big thing is that top & windows aren't fully functional.  Several other little things like the radio, clock and fuel gauge don't work as well.

Oh, and you can see in one picture there's a weeping soft plug that needs attention.  Most were replaced last year, but there were a couple that were hard to get to that haven't been done yet.

The front bumper and other trim chrome is not perfect (rear bumper was redone years ago and looks great) and there's a small rust spot over the rear plate, but he's not after a perfect show car.  The interior cleaned up well, but still isn't as good as the exterior and might need some attention eventually.

But for driving and enjoying it, it's really just the top & windows.  This car has been in a garage, sitting, ever since I can remember (probably 40 years).  It was very good to see it out on the road again.
salguod
1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz (Dad's Toy) - Elysian Green, inside and out
1960 Thunderbird Convertible (My Toy) -  Raven Black, Red leather
1996 BMW 318ti (My Daily Driver/Toy) - Boston Green, Dove Gray leather
www.salguod.net

57eldoking

Very cool to see its back on the road again  8)
1957 Eldorado Biarritz #906
1957 Eldorado Biarritz #1020 http://bit.ly/1kTvFlM
1957 Eldorado Seville  #1777 http://bit.ly/1T3Uo1c
1995 Fleetwood Brougham  http://bit.ly/20YwJV4
2010 SRX Performance

1946 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup
1957 Buick Caballero Estate Wagon (x2)
1960 Chevy Apache 10 Stepside
1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (x2)
1992 Pontiac Trans Sport GT

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Jeff Rosansky