News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Bucket Seat Gliders

Started by joeinbcs, April 22, 2016, 03:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeinbcs

Howdy,
I know they probably have a more technical term, but those little white plastic things that reduce the friction between the moving and fixed portions of the seat tracks (four on each side)...
Anybody know where I can get a new set of these...prepping buckets to put into my '68 Eldorado, and those I have are shot.
Here's a pic...
Thanks, Joe
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.

Jason Edge

Joe,  This might not help you with your 68, but in 1963/64 the gliders from the bench seat are the same as the bucket seats. In fact I just helped someone get their bucket seats back working using gliders from a bench seat. The ones used in 63/64 look like C cups that lip around the metal, and not like the one you have posting. (see picture attached). Then point being that perhaps the 68 bench seats use the same gliders as the buckets... but perhaps not. These are not my years of expertise.  ::)
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

joeinbcs

Thanks, Jason.
Good Idea...Although there are presumably only half the number I need, I may be able to re-use enough of the old ones to make it work, assuming the ones on my bench seat are in decent shape...
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.

Jason Edge

Perhaps you can find some nut case like myself that has pulled in 3 dozen sedan parts cars for the 68 era Cadillacs as I have for the 63/64 Cadillacs that can reach into their parts bin and remove the gliders...assuming the sedan bench seats are the same. For the 63/64 era Cadillacs the bucket seats are very hot items and unless rest of seat & rails are toast, you would usually not see them being dismantled and sold by individual small parts and would need to look for other options or substitute parts if something cannot be fabricated.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic