News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

What cool piece of Cadillac Automobilia do you have?

Started by chrisntam, March 26, 2016, 01:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tassie Devil(le)

Nobody have any clue as to what the pictured item is?

Someone should know what it is for.

Thanks,

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

scottymac

My best guess on the leather item is that it was used to hold your registration. Then most likely attached to either the sun visor or around steering column. I have seen similar looking holders many times back in the day.
Scotty

Jeff Wilk

I agree on the Registration holder concept although I kept thinking that maybe it was designed to hold two flasks for "beverages" to use with the stainless shot glasses provided with the Brougham!!!!

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

D.Smith

I just bought this neat little Zippo tape measure.   It was given out to the service techs as an award in 1961.

jwjohnson86

My neighbor is 84, widowed several years ago and has sold her home of many years.  Her husband owned Cadillacs for many years and she has enjoyed trips in ours to get a bite to eat or some ice cream.  She was happy to present me his scale model 1958 Biarritz today, metal body and you can see the sparkle paint.  Very heavy, about a foot long.  Proud to park it in my home office and honored to receive it.
1970 DeVille Convertible 472 cid

http://bit.ly/1NhHpdt

Quentin Hall

53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

chrisntam

It's not mine, wouldn't spend the $6500 asking price, but it would be nice to have.

What year does the Cadillac emblem appear to be?  Late '50s?
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

P Cedergren

jdemerson

Some very neat items mentioned or shown in this thread!

Probably my most unusual Cadillac literature item is a 1941 Cadillac Live Prospect Direct Mail promotional piece for the showroom. It was a medium blue and very large folding display poster for hanging on the wall. It displayed nine different small brochures for 1942 models -- presumably mailers.

The Cadillac Database does not list this item but does list and show the similar item for 1942 models. I believe there was also a similar item in 1940. I don't have photos of mine -- it's not very photogenic -- but Yann shows photos of the '42 version for those who are interested. Interesting that the Tuthill listings do not show these items -- not even most of the small brochures themselves.

John Emerson

John Emerson
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn