News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 Fleetwood 75 Limo Body Tag Question

Started by bjf1992, May 29, 2016, 10:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjf1992

I am trying to decode my body tag. I think I have everything with the exception of the trim portion.

date 03d - Third week of March 1960
style 60-6733  1960 Fleetwood 75 Limo
body DC 731  unit number 731
Trim 00 (cant find that number???)
Paint 10 Black
ACC  KHJE   A/c, Heat, Rear Radio controls, EZ Eye glass

Again does anyone know what the trim code 00 stands for?

The seats were recovered before I bought the car, however the interior is Grey if this helps.
Ben Fox

1960 Cadillac Fleetwood 75
1969 Mercury Cougar Convertible
1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale Convertible
1970 Buick Electra 225 Convertible

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Ben,

The 00 signifies Special Order. Something about the interior is non-standard. It could  be fabric, carpet, metal finish. If you post pics someone may be able to identify what it is.
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

D.Smith

Quote from: Ralph Messina CLC 4937 on May 29, 2016, 11:13:20 PM
Ben,

The 00 signifies Special Order. Something about the interior is non-standard. It could  be fabric, carpet, metal finish. If you post pics someone may be able to identify what it is.

Exactly!    Trim 00 is for any deviation from the standard interior offerings.

In a limousine it probably indicates the front compartment is trimmed to match the rear compartment.
Standard on the limo is black leather up front and whatever cloth the owner selected in the back.    But on special order they would have the front color match the rear.   

bjf1992

I'm assuming you are correct. The front seat might have been ordered (grey) to match the rear. The seats have been recovered (incorrectly) in a weird shade of bluish) but it appears the trim around the front seat is grey. I would assume if the front seat was black, the trim would be black as well??  does anyone have a picture of a factory black front seat?? Also where did Cadillac hide the build sheets. I might try to go looking for it.
Ben Fox

1960 Cadillac Fleetwood 75
1969 Mercury Cougar Convertible
1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale Convertible
1970 Buick Electra 225 Convertible