News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'61 Cadillacs are really out there!!!

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, August 22, 2016, 12:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

A group of Indiana, Illinois, CLC and LCOC members toured LaPorte, IN and South Bend, IN over the weekend. After looking over Lar's collection and getting soaked, we went to Bob Dorman's shop in LaPorte and guys, guess what was one of the first cars we saw? A very nice silver 1961 CDV. Mathew Brown took a picture of it with his phone as I'd left my phone in my car and rode with someone else. Hopefully, he'll remember to post it.

But stop whining, they are out there and evidently well loved. (See, someone does think about you '61 owners...)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Scot Minesinger

The 61 and 62 Caddies are amazing and people are envious when they see one driving down the road.  I do not feel sorry for anyone owning a 61 or 62 Cadillac in the least. 

Everyone who does own a 61 or 62 Cadillac, count your blessings and enjoy!
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

willits

Quote from: Scot Minesinger on August 22, 2016, 01:23:31 PM
Everyone who does own a 61 or 62 Cadillac, count your blessings and enjoy!

I for one, count myself lucky each and every time I go out for a ride in the Tomato.   
Peter Willits
1958 Coupe DeVille http://bit.ly/1O6BGVu
1961 62 Convertible http://bit.ly/1O6BHst
2008 STS-V http://bit.ly/1O6CI3P

N Kahn

raugusti

This beautiful 61 was at a local show this last Sunday and won one of the top awards out of almost 400 cars.
All around gorgeous car.

Scott
Scott Augustine
Colorado, USA
'58 Series 62 Conv.
'58 Eldorado Seville

Chris Conklin

To me, the '61-'62s are the most balanced look of the finned era regardless of configuration or roofline, meaning whether it's a two door convertible or a full size Fleetwood, it just looks right. Even the short deck Park Ave. has great lines. The color match on the wheel covers, genius.
Chris Conklin

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Guys, I had a six window once upon a time, and remember that it had the best radio out of most of the Cadillacs that I have had. Nice cars, and I when I saw the car, I just had to tease you '61/'62 owners a little re: the post last week bewailing the lack of "seeing" them around.

Nice cars and styling, including the brochures.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Dan LeBlanc

All I have to do is look from my kitchen into the garage and see that massive black 61 Fleetwood sitting there.  Still gets me every time.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

camelot

There was someone with 3 Cadillac's for sale here a couple months ago. He had ,61,62,64. He now has 61 and 64. The 62 is in my garage now.. I never got more thumbs up driving around  as I do now. The 61 cdv was absolutely gorgeous in black. The elderly Gentleman said "where's them Corvettes?" Bring'em on"
1939 Cadillac 7519
1940 Lasalle 5019
1962 Cadillac 6339 4w

P. Manoogian

I love my 61. Drove it for first time last week after owning it for 6 years. Parked it in front of coffee shop and people pulled to side of road to get out and  look.
1961 Eldorado - Shell Pearl/Mauve
1962 Corvette 327 - 250 HP Automatic Triple Black
1963 Impala SS Convertible - 283 Automatic Black Red Gut White Top
1965 Impala SS Coupe  - 502 Turbo 400 - Crocus Yellow
1974 Corvette L84 4spd Coupe - White / Black Leather

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: camelot on August 24, 2016, 07:58:54 PM
There was someone with 3 Cadillac's for sale here a couple months ago. He had ,61,62,64. He now has 61 and 64. The 62 is in my garage now.. I never got more thumbs up driving around  as I do now. The 61 cdv was absolutely gorgeous in black. The elderly Gentleman said "where's them Corvettes?" Bring'em on"

Actually he started with a black '59 CdV in addition to the 61, 62 and 64. The '59 went pretty quickly. 

The '62 was the sharpest of the four as well as being one of the nicest '62s I've seen in a while. Congratulations. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

camelot

Yes your right. It went far far away. Would have liked to have  seen it. The 62 is getting the  care it should. I had a tough decision to make that day. I let the wife make the decision. With 2 other cars being black I figure her choice  was all about the color. It is not the original shade blue but definitely nice. He didn't have the paint code it is now. A little research will discover what it is. 
1939 Cadillac 7519
1940 Lasalle 5019
1962 Cadillac 6339 4w

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If you post a picture of the data tag, will be happy to decode it for you.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute