News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac fog light lenses

Started by michael j. patla, October 10, 2016, 02:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael j. patla

Hello, I am trying to understand a totally clear 1941 Cadillac lens. I have 7 amber original Cadillac Appleton embossed lens and I also have one lens that is 100% identical to these 7 amber lenses  but this last one is totally clear glass. Never before have I seen such a lens.  Anybody  know anything about this clear lens ?   Thank you      member #23389    Mike Patla

Jeff Hansen

Mike,

The lenses were available in amber, clear, and red according to the MPL.  I would imagine the red ones were for ambulances.  Perhaps the clear ones were for the overseas markets?

HTH,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Barry M Wheeler #2189

You had your choice of amber or clear. I've seen one car (in a junk yard) in the late 60s with them. I took them off and on his next visit to my house, Art Iles said, "Those are mine," and snatched them up.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

michael j. patla

Thanks for the quick replies.   Mike