News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Roy Schneider's Cadillac 1950-1959

Started by july76, January 30, 2017, 01:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

july76

Any difference between first blue cover version and the next one,  I mean revisions,  updates...
or just a re-edition?

jdemerson

I have the 1996 edition. Roy Schneider's books are excellent. Most are available, but the one you are asking about for Fifties is scarce and expensive (generally over $200). If you are looking to buy one, grab any you can find at a reasonable price.

Here is what I found on the web, but it's a bit puzzling:
http://www.booksonvintagecadillacs.com/fifties-e.html

An Illustrated Guide to 1950 Thru 1959 Cadillac Motorcars

An Illustrated Guide to 1950 Thru 1959 Motorcars
The most illustrious part three of the series of publications.

1978, the 1st printing,
240 pp., no DJ,
Publisher: Heritage House cadillac Motorbooks, Temple City CA,
ISBN

Followed by the 2de and third edition.
These fine and renewed editions are both published in a blue cloth binding, otherwise the first edition, a printed board binding is edited for one time only.
The first and the last time.

1989, the 2nd edition,
240 pp., no DJ,
Publisher: Cadillac Motorbooks Royco Publishing, Temple City CA,
ISBN 0-917194-02-1

1996, the 3rd edition,
240 pp., no DJ,
Publisher: Cadillac Motorbooks Royco Publishing, Temple city CA,
ISBN 0-917104-02-1

John Emerson
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

july76

I have the 40s volume and it's really impresive lots of good factory photos with lavished notes
everywhere so I suppose the 50s must be a top-notch too. Thanks for the info and the link
that I didn't knew

m-mman

The 50s version is mainly composed of selective reprints of the pages from the factory data books.
Data books were created to answer any question a potential customer could ask about colors, options, features, differences between models, etc.

Original data books would cost $50 to $200+ each so the Schneider book represents a good value.
1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634

David Greenburg

I have both the 50's volume and the 60's volume.  They are fascinating reading and a "must have" for anyone who is obsessed with these cars and who enjoys ruminating on the differences between specific models and years. Or who need to settle disputes about what was correct or available for a given year.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Art Director

I have the 1940s and 1960s books - and have lost out bidding on the 1950s book. Everyone is right - it is difficult to find!
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

76eldo

When I bought my 60 from the widow of one of the club members in our local CLC region she gave me a bunch of books, models, and a few other items.

When I unpacked the boxes that these items were in in was surprised to see Roy Schneider Cadillacs or the 40's 50's and 60's as well as some Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint cars in the original boxes.

I knew that the cars were valuable but I had no clue on the books until a year or two later.  I'd never sell this stuff because I like the books and also the car and the other stuff reminds me of my friend Don.

His wife said it makes her feel good knowing that one of their friends is enjoying the car. I think of my friend every time I look at the car or drive it.  I still call it Don's 60.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Chuck Patton

Hello Julio

All of the Roy Schneider books are a MUST for your Library. 
Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

Dave Ventresca

Chuck Patton

Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

Jerry Puma

Jerry Puma
1964 Eldorado
1961 Series 62 6-window

jdemerson

Quote from: Dave Ventresca on February 06, 2017, 10:45:59 AM
there is a 50-59 book on ebay. Dave

This very nice 1995 edition of the 1950-59 Schneider book sold this morning at $51 plus shipping.  That is a fantastic low price for this very rare out-of-print book.

John Emerson
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Walter Youshock

Whoever got it, STOLE IT.  I think I paid about that much in 1991 from Classic Motorbooks.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Bill Young

I would also highly reccomend a book called " Cadillac Eldorado "  ISBN Number 0-87938-879-X This book who's binding is poor and falls apart easily from Classic Motorbooks 1994 is a treasure trove of written interviews of Cadillac stylists reaching back to the early fifties and excellent photos also regarding all Cadillac's as well as the Eldorado's .