News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Oil Pressure 331 engine

Started by Bob Kielar, March 13, 2017, 06:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

Is there a easy way to check the oil pressure on a 55 Cadillac with a 331 engine?

Thanks,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Dave Shepherd

Screw a oil pressure gage into the oil sender port, you will have to buy/ borrow a mechanics  pressure tester kit with adapters.

walt chomosh #23510

Bob,
  In my 55,I put a tee where the OP sender unit is so now I have both a direct pressure gauge plus an idiot lite.....walt...tulsa,ok

Bob Kielar

I was hoping there was another place to check since the sensor is pretty difficult to get at. One person suggested putting a tee at the oil filter inlet.

Thanks,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

cadman56

Bob,
A tee at the oil filter inlet will not be accurate.  The oil filter is a by-pass filter system.  True pressure is found in the OP sender port.  I know it is difficult to get there but the only correct place to get a true pressure reading.  Good luck, Larry
1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)
1967 Cadillac Eldorado (sold)
1968 Cadillac Convertible (Sold)
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dElegance
Larry Blanchard CLC #5820