News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

RESALE RED - Will the Madness Never End

Started by Greg Powers, April 18, 2017, 09:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john henderson

I agree that so many cars all look the same,sharing style and color,but have you guys noticed some of the beautiful pastel-like non metallic colors on some Fiat,VW's,and Mini's?Colors right out of the fifties,they're gorgeous.
65 coupe 76 coupe

76 cadillac bob

Color is so important, even if not the most desireable by todays standards, originality is what makes these cars so worth while. Mine was a beige with beige interior, someone gave it a  RED paint job doing a so so job, not as I would have liked but lots of polishes and acrylic sealers did it good. The color is TORCH RED for Corvettes and what a show stopper. People are commenting on the paint job but it is a funny almost chinese Red not deep and certainly not subtle. Still I love driving it and am now getting the bugs almost worked out it is even more fun. Saw a brown/beige Hudson over the weekend, and it was original any other color would have looked funny.

dochawk

My top is so far beyond recovery as to be irrelevant . . . which frees me up some.

Keeping that beige top, would sharply limit possible colors--white, gold, brown, and ???

I'm fairly certain that I'll go for a white top, and am waffling on keeping the body white, or going to red (not much will survive of its brown interior, either, even if I keep the color . . .)
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

D.Smith

What's wrong with keeping a car the original colors it was built with?   

35-709

Beige tops look sharp with a nice dark red.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

The Tassie Devil(le)

I have a beige top on my '72, but the car is Firemist Green.   Looks really smart.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Shorty64cad

How could anyone think Wisteria was dull!  I LOVE my Wisteria Eldo!
Greg Short.  Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Quote from: Shorty64cad on May 02, 2017, 01:31:44 AM
How could anyone think Wisteria was dull!  I LOVE my Wisteria Eldo!

I have to say +1 on that. Yes.
That is more of a show stopper than the bright Corvette Red some yahoo painted mine.
Beautiful.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille