News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Saw this for sale at the Pate Swap Meet - '55 Coupe Deville, asking $9500

Started by chrisntam, April 27, 2017, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5390john

One day, years ago, wife announced she wanted a new house. I agreed only if I got MY garage......
John Adams
1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: chrisntam on April 27, 2017, 09:53:17 PM
Surface rust all over the exterior, interior completely shot, motor may turn, floor pans rusted through.  Guy said it was 100% complete, but EVERYTHING needs to be gone through.

$9500?

Seems like it should be about $2000.

Your thoughts?  I'm not a buyer, just curious....

My thought is at the price, the car is not for sale.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

chrisntam

As part of the local chapter of the cadillac club, I helped set up and tear down the swap meet.

I got there early on Sunday for tear down and saw a few cars I'd seen on Thursday (for sale) being towed out by the sellers, meaning "no sale".

The '59 for $7750 was being towed out and a little Nash Metropolitan as well.  Do not know what came of the '55, but I wish I did....Just curious....
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

James Landi

What a fantastic journey you're on... the good news for you is that the car was in reasonable shape, and as you stated, could be made road worthy, but certainly not pristine... however, some of these sad wrecks that are advertised were abused for decades and then left to rust and are beyond hope, and then some of these guys think they can get some poor sucker to pay thousands for a crusher.