News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Thank you Mike Josephic CLC

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, February 26, 2018, 12:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Mike called me tonight, spent an hour going over petcock valves (I had no idea they opened to the right and didn't remove), cleaning and oiling breathers, brake fluids and parts, hoses, world travel, etc... So flippin' grateful for the time he spent with me, I'm ready to rock The Ark tomorrow. Thank you Mike for your gracious time and information, hope I get the opportunity some day to pay it forward.

YOU RAWK
\m/
Laurie!
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Laurie,
You seem to be getting a lot of help from our club. Have you ever thought about actually joining it??
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on February 26, 2018, 07:19:59 PM
Laurie,
You seem to be getting a lot of help from our club. Have you ever thought about actually joining it??
Bob

Absolutely! Let me see how much money I have left over after I put The Ark through college, eh the body shop. That car was paid for in cash in December, and the 2K in parts I bought for it I just paid off. I'd like to join the NE Caddy club too. I'm also a yearly member of the NRA, GOAL, 2 gun clubs, own a house, a business, (which hasn't made a dime in a week and won't until I can go back to work after this recent surgery), 2 cars to keep on the road, 2 dogs to keep happy... In other words there's a LOT of money that goes out weekly, monthly, yearly, I'll budget for the Caddy clubs too. And there are 2 local 'car clubs' that want me to join too. All it takes is money! And right now my money mileage is as good at the Fleetwoods...Did I mention I owe a fortune in federal taxes due by April 15th? It will all work out, it always does.

And how could I forget - I just bought a 10x20 Shelter Logic for The Ark when its home in the good weather. That has to be built when it goes into the shop, I'm adding 18" rebar spikes to the legs and straps to the roof for added support in case we get the usual 'canes. I'm also adding a ground contact plywood floor, running power to it to push the overhead LED light racks, fans for air circulation and an extra leg in case I need to power something for the car. I have to buy a floor jack and 4 supports to get the car off its wheels in the winter too. Drip, drip drip... Did I mention I accomplish all this battling the effects of a radiated brain tumor thanks to the Gulf War and with neuropathy from the Gulf so bad in my legs I have to wear braces on my legs when I'm working on ladders which I do often? LOL! Me worry? HA!

I'll join the CLC and my NE chapter soon.... just let the cash bleeding slow down a bit.

\m/
Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Hello Laurie:

We all wish to thank you for your service to our Country
and hope you have a speedy recovery from your recent
medical issues.  We'll welcome into the Cadillac Club as
soon as your able to join.  In the meantime, if we can
be of any assistance please let us know.

Best regards,

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

chrisntam

I find that the CLC website is the cake, joining the CLC is the icing.

Invaluable resources here.  Too bad only a small percentage of members get on line.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Scot Minesinger

Joining the CLC is a steal because we have so many volunteers - free labor.  In our own local club for example join- and you get to attend a free holiday party, which is a per person cost of $40 each, and we charge $20 for the membership.  You have to be a National member ($50 per year - I think), but the Self Starter magazine itself alone is worth it. 

If people do not join ($70 a year total), then there would be no forum, and no club.  Someone has to join.

I'm a life member and it has been about 15 years or so now.  One of my best decisions.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Highwayman68

I have been entertained by your postings and glad to see someone put the effort you are into helping to give that car a better life. I will sponsor your membership for the first year to help you get started.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Highwayman68 on March 03, 2018, 11:16:40 AM
I have been entertained by your postings and glad to see someone put the effort you are into helping to give that car a better life. I will sponsor your membership for the first year to help you get started.

Mark I'm truly honored by your generous offer, thank you.
But I'll come up with the money at some point, I promise!
You guys must know "how it is" starting up a car like this?
Every dime is going into the car - and it hasn't gone into the
body shop yet. I also didn't plan on my doctor saying NO WORK
until the stitches come out on Tuesday either. Thank you again
Mark, I'm truly touched, but I'll come up with it. THANK YOU for
thinking of me like that, God Bless.

\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville