News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need a design

Started by spolij, July 06, 2018, 05:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spolij

I'm redoing the interior of my 66 deville conv. Need a cool design for the seats, they will be  black  leather. I remember one called a diamond tuck and pleat? But i don't remember what it looks like. Any ideas?

Barry M Wheeler #2189

What is wrong with doing it in the original pattern? Unless you are going to keep the car "forever," you will add greatly to the value of your car. True, it is your car and you can do what you wish with it and we wish your well, but unless you really have several thousands of dollars to throw away, that's about what you will be doing if you ever decide to sell the car. And I've never met an old car guy that doesn't eventually find one "better," and "always wanted one of those..." Best of luck whatever you decide.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

BillR. CLC # 29203

Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

spolij

Bill Thanks Interesting designs.
Barry I had the same exact car in the early 70's. It had a factory diamond pattern.
I am interested in keeping it as original as possible. Besides 50 years from now no one will remember what they looked like. lol

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Congats on your redoing your interior. I apologize for thinking you were going to redo the interior a different way than original. But, you kind of gave the impression that you were doing "something else." Further, I think that in fifty years, there is going to be someone that might "care" that it's original. "Imagine. A car that you drove yourself..." Again, best of luck in your project. Try Googling 1966 Cadillac Coupe deVille or Convertible. It is probable that they will show an interior.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

jdemerson

John,

Black leather was available both on the 1966 DeVille Convertible and on the Eldorado. On the DeVille the design was vertical, but of the Eldorado it was horizontal pleats.  The designs are shown in the 1966 Data book -- I could send you an electronic copy if you send me an e-mail with your regular e-mail address. I presume that the 1966 brochure also shows the convertible interiors.

My vote would also be to keep it stock. You may like the Eldorado design, and that would have been available as a Special Order on the DeVille model so arguably it would still be stock if used it on your car.

I don't think there was a diamond pattern in 1966,at least not on the DeVille convertible. But of course you could use the 70s design. Of course it's always your call and personal preference!

Good luck!

John emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Steve Passmore

Look at the red one for sale here. This 64 has a diamond tuck and roll pattern.

https://app.box.com/s/3u9m14rrp19jqv09h0fb29dno06zv72o
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

spolij

jdemerson I'd appreciate that. spolij48@yahoo.com

Barry no problem, i do want to keep it original.

Thanks Bill helpful.

Steve nice