News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Lifetime Membership Question

Started by BJM, December 15, 2018, 11:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hey, you stopped too soon. I'm 83 next year and have been in the Club 55 years. Shouldn't I be free???

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Jason Edge

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on December 25, 2018, 10:24:45 AM
Hey, you stopped too soon. I'm 83 next year and have been in the Club 55 years. Shouldn't I be free???
Hey Barry, You read my mind. After reading this I thought I should include those 80 or older. How about this:

Life Member Requirement                                               Cost US/International
under 50 years old or less than 10 years membership       $1000/$1250
50 years old or 10 years membership                              $750/$1000
60 years old or 20 years membership                              $500/$750
70 years old or 30 years membership                              $250/$500
80 years old or 40 years membership                              $125/$250
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

gkhashem

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on December 25, 2018, 10:24:45 AM

Barry

I suggested that above somewhere, or at least a discount. Maybe anyone with over 40 years of dues should start getting a break. 50 years free.

But in all honesty,  the responses were trying to be constructive but after all this why bother anymore. All ideas should be considered and debated then the board can decide if it's worthwhile or not. At the end of the day who cares. It's not worth getting personal about it.  I am going to pay anyway, just when someone mentioned a lifetime membership I thought about it but will most likely not do it because of my age. If I was 40, I would do it in an instance.

We need to all relax and enjoy today.

Merry Christmas to all.
1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

Scot Minesinger

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to everyone!

If you are on this forum, enjoy how obviously blessed and fortunate you are.  Just taking a little time out from all the joy and treating myself to some car fun material on line. 

Art is 100% right on this one.

This is just a money thing.  Keep in mind that our CLC is not rolling in cash.   

I drove my 1970 Cadillacs last couple of days, hope you all enjoyed yours as well.

Scot

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: gkhashem on December 25, 2018, 11:29:35 AM
We need to all relax and enjoy today.

Merry Christmas to all.

Amen on that Barry.

Best Wishes to all for an enjoyable Holiday season and a Happy & Healthy 2019.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Barry M Wheeler #2189

George, I was being sarcastic, but thanks anyway. Merry Christmas to all. The first one with two of our "local" Grandchildren being "away." The one at Google is in Silicon Valley and our granddaughter just moved ten days ago or so to be with her boyfriend in NJ. (We're used to having the ones in VA further away than we'd like, and they're the ones with new babies.)

So Gay is taking a nap, Ginger, the girl cat just stretched out on my bed behind me, and Oscar is on his mistress's bed napping. So why am I still awake? (I need to work on the CLC project I volunteered for back in October.) Again, the Peace of the season be with you all.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

BJM

I also backed off on any commentary because I consider everyone that has posted to be a friend and did not want this ever to be personal. 

I still believe the lifetime member without a 10 year requirement is something the board members need to consider. I will send a note to my board member(s) and express same.  My position is for revenue consideration and simplicity reasoning only.  If Jason feels pride in being a life member because he followed old rules, then change your footer to "original life member" to denote a change from those of us who note us as life members. 

If the rule were changed, I would spend the $$ to become a life member but my footer would not change. For me it's a convenience and stewardship issue.  I would likely continue to send money to the museum and other worthy causes, quietly as well. 

I'm not suggesting anything radical, as mentioned, the CLC is the only club that views lifetime memberships as anything but a revenue and convenience option. 

As to Jason's comment that what happens in 10 years when the SS may go totally paperless, would I feel cheated or such, I again say no. I am likely changing my SS status from paper to e-SS on my next renewal because I typically throw my SS and Buick Bugle's away anyway. 

On another simplicity note, if this DOES lead to more Life memberships, consider how that eases the work of the CLC National Office - currently the Books - from sending out thousands of renewal notices annually.  Cost savings for the club there too. 

I too have been driving my Eldorado during this season but we are due to some unpleasant weather here in Iowa, so I am going to wash it up and replace it with my F150.  I mean to tell you - I have even used it on business trips and what a pleasure to drive.