News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Old newspaper ads.

Started by D.Smith, March 23, 2019, 08:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

That's a nice 57 ad Robert!   

I cleaned it up for you and resized it to fit here.

kimberlin1974

Wow that looks much better!  :)

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: Bill Young on March 30, 2019, 08:30:28 PM
When they do get older and fail they are essentially unrestorable due to mass use of plastics that the plasticisers leach out of making them loose color and brittle and computers that will become unsupportable .

Again, cars from the 1940s-70s period failed (were junked or salvaged) at a much faster rate on average than those since as newer cars became and are more durable in years/age, potential accumulated mileage, etc.   Those older cars were not exactly built to last and typically faced corrosion issues, failure of major components, etc.

cadillacmike68

Here we go again...

I like the Mad magazine parody ad.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

veesixteen

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on March 31, 2019, 09:13:28 PM
Here we go again...

I like the Mad magazine parody ad.

Fun ad facts:

The regular Cadillac ads for 1961 featured the work of some world-famous jewelers.
Here are a couple of examples ... including a "spoof" ad by the father (?) of Mad magazine's Alfred E Newman)!
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"