News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Anyone else sick of the Weather?

Started by 60eldo, June 04, 2019, 02:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Rain, 45 degrees here today in Toronto. Its June, right? This has been the worse spring I can remember. Cold, cloudy, cant drive my car, and Im still wearing my winter jacket. Its depressing. Anyone else feel the same?  And please no climate change talk here.
Jon. Klu

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

I feel for you but I just can’t reach you. Heat index here has been around 100 for the last week move here to southern Texas if you want a change.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Lexi

60eldo I am in your neck of the woods and I totally agree that this weather sucks. Can't recall when there was such a late spring and unfriendly driving conditions. I am still working on my car so at least I have not missed much in the way of nice driving weather opportunities. Clay

MaR

It was 100° here last weekend. Even looking outside makes you sweat.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

In Indiana, it got warm enough that I was able to leave the doors open to the sun porch two whole days before we needed the air switched on. The cats STILL need to have the doors opened and closed for them. They're disgusted and so are my wife and I. At least we get the exercise from getting up and opening (and closing) doors. The doors are antique so we can't put a "cat door" in.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

David Greenburg

I won’t rub it in, but high 70’s and beautiful cruising weather here in N. Cal.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

GBrown #8092

I have to agree on the weather. Here in Northeast Illinois, it has been extremely inconsistent. It was 80 one day, and it snowed the next day, it's 75 one day and its 40 and rainy the next day.  Impossible to confidently plan anything more than a few hours ahead of time. Weather people are wrong more often than not on forecasts. I just open the front door and see what it is.

Hopefully, it means the good weather has been saved for the GN next week!

Glenn

Cadillac Fleetwood

Here in the San Diego area, we have "gloom and doom", the traditional May gray and June gloom, the heavy marine layer that comes ashore and remains until afternoon. But this year, we have had unseasonably wet weather through last week - rain for four out of five days - and drizzle in the mornings yesterday and today.  In a word, depressing!

Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

76eldo

Here in eastern Pa we had nothing but cold and rain for most of May. Now it has finally straightened out and it’s beautiful right now.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

60eldo

Ive never seen the weatherman so wrong all the time. Years ago they were called weathermen. Then when they thought they knew it all, they were called Meteoroligists. That didnt work, so now here we have a New CHIEF  Meteoroligist, and he still F___ks up everyday  LOL.    CHHIIIEEEFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jon. Klu

Bill Young

I live in central Florida , people who live up North always say that it must be too hot down there. Well I drive my 1955 Cadillac as my every day car because we get no ice or snow and I am retired now . Your blood thins out some when you live here so 95 here seems like 85 up North etc. The big bonus here is that 95 % of the days are blue sky and white clouds. Usually when it rains it rains hard for a while and then the sun comes out and everything is dry in an hour. To each his own but I Love it here and I grew up in Rochester usually gray New York. Where you can't get a $10.00 bill for a $20.00 bill . I called it the land of ING , because it usually is Snowing or Raining or Sleeting or something.

The Tassie Devil(le)

I am down here in sunny Lindisfarne, Tasmania, and wish we could get some good rain.

Temps are down to 5C overnight, and up to 13 to 16C during the day, and driving is good.   But, would still like some rain to fill our dams.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   We are starting Winter, so it will get colder, but still no snow.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

35-709

I'm with Bill Young, I am originally from upstate New York, just south of Albany.  Came down to Florida in about 1976 and never looked back.  No sympathy at all for those that choose to live in the frozen north with its all too often miserable and unpredictable weather and then complain about it.   ;D
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Big Fins

Roasting in Cape Canaveral at near 100 each day. And the love bugs are still out and messing up everything.  >:(
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

cncadillac

A C&L Newbie here. - Yet now we have three Cadillacs. A pattern has formed.  ;)

Ah, yes! This has been a 'Wicked Winter'. On May 24th we had 16" inches of the white stuff in Monument Colorado. My wife got high centered in her AWD SUV SRX at the top of our driveway. I had to pull her out with my truck in 4 low. --- I Want Summer!

hornetball

I read the Farmer's Almanac earlier this year and it predicted a cool, wet Summer.  Spot on so far.

D.Smith

It's been very rainy here in New England.     On the few sunny days we've had, the fields are just too wet for car shows.   

Scot Minesinger

Hate to jinx it, but weather here in VA has been nice.  Drove 1970 Cadillac both days last weekend.  Hoping the weather is nice end of next week for the 600 mile drive to GN2019 in KY
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Scott, include in your prayers good weather for the show itself. Safe travel to all who are driving, no attending!
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Worst 'spring' I ever remember...
Here on Cape Cod I'm using the outdoor shower in March, I took my
1st outdoor shower 2 days ago. Nearly 3 months of incessant rain and
cold, its thrown my industry into a death spiral for the year. March is when
I should be talking to new clients and lining up work, that's happening now.
Basically all home improvement contractors, all the trades, the workers, have
lost a full quarter of income. Of course now that the weather has 'improved'
(its cloudy with T1 forecast today) everyone wants everything done immediately.
And everyone is angry. Contractors now need to balance actually doing work with
looking at new work pushing schedules farther back. Clients are angry at delays
with people just coming to see the jobs, we're all angry at all the trades people
trying to make up for 3 months of lost money. No one returns anyone's calls.

Its a mess.

I too am heading to Florida next year. I'm done with the cold, I want to drive The
Ark year round. And if I have to starve when business slows down, let me be warm.

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all