News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Anyone else sick of the Weather?

Started by 60eldo, June 04, 2019, 02:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

St. Louis is the same. Had to move the 70 from the airport because the water is coming up-- and keeps coming up. It is either raining or miserably  humid.
My son was out driving the other night and went thru bugs. He says he thought it was raining out because he hit so many all at once and it lasted about 30 seconds. With all the bugs on it his car looks like he just drove it back from California at night.
Ugh
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Big Fins

Florida will depend on what type of business that you are operating. Construction is basically year round. Tourist based is between Nov and May. Aqua based, IE: boating, skiing, jet skies is May to Nov. Not everyone that moves here thinking it's heaven is happy. There is a vast diversity in culture. If you are in the restaurant business, it has to be above the rest to survive, otherwise it becomes a huge tax write off.

Even car shows are hard to find in the heat of the summer. Who wants to bake their brains out on 200O asphalt? Let alone that precious dashboard.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Bill Young on June 04, 2019, 07:38:49 PM
I live in central Florida , people who live up North always say that it must be too hot down there. Well I drive my 1955 Cadillac as my every day car because we get no ice or snow and I am retired now . Your blood thins out some when you live here so 95 here seems like 85 up North etc. The big bonus here is that 95 % of the days are blue sky and white clouds. Usually when it rains it rains hard for a while and then the sun comes out and everything is dry in an hour. To each his own but I Love it here and I grew up in Rochester usually gray New York. Where you can't get a $10.00 bill for a $20.00 bill . I called it the land of ING , because it usually is Snowing or Raining or Sleeting or something.

Yeah, it finally rained here in WC today. I thought the lawn was going to dry up and blow away, so it was welcome, but not that much, the pool is up to the top of the tiles, I couldn't grill with the water blowing in, and of course I just washed the red CTS. Problems, problems...

At least it prevents me from cutting the grass for at least 3-4 days.  :P

Love bugs are gone from here too. What's up Big Fins, are they still all over at the space coast?

Car shows in the heat down here. Yeah, that can be brutal.

I could end the droughts wherever I go just by going there and washing one of my cars...  :-X
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Here in the middle of the "Rust Belt" -- Pittsburgh, PA.
we've about broken the record for rainfall set about
100 years ago.  Pouring rain nonstop over the last week
or so (3-4 inches).  Still raining today.

Those near the rivers have a problem, I'm at 1,200 feet
elevation so no worries here.  however, taking the old
cars out on my usual "back roads" presents issues with
mud, silt and water due to run off.  I'll wait awhile to
venture out.

As far as Florida, I'll pass on moving there.  Yes, we have
a couple months of snow and cold.  However, you folks
have the extreme humidity, heat, bugs (of all kinds)
not to mention the hurricanes and tropical storms.  Also
lots of allergy issues from pollen, mold, etc.  We Like
to vacation on Sanibel Island for a few weeks but that's
it for us.

No thanks, I'll stay comphy and cozy here.  I lived in
South Carolina for 5 years back in the late 70's and
that was enough of "Southern Living" for me.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Big Fins on June 05, 2019, 01:51:21 PM
Florida will depend on what type of business that you are operating. Construction is basically year round. Tourist based is between Nov and May. Aqua based, IE: boating, skiing, jet skies is May to Nov. Not everyone that moves here thinking it's heaven is happy. There is a vast diversity in culture. If you are in the restaurant business, it has to be above the rest to survive, otherwise it becomes a huge tax write off.

Even car shows are hard to find in the heat of the summer. Who wants to bake their brains out on 200O asphalt? Let alone that precious dashboard.

Construction! Check. I'm a home improvement contractor. The problem I see with Florida is EVERYONE is a HIC, so I won't be able to rape, eh, charge the rates I do here where we are unique. The only place I want to see diversity is on a menu. That will make 'hood choosing a challenge I'm sure.

If any Florida residents here want to send me the 411 on left side city/towns, an hour north and south of Tampa and within a mile or so to the ocean, feel free to message me please.

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all