News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

seats on 73 and 78

Started by kkkaiser, June 06, 2019, 01:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkkaiser

Hi  are the seats the same in a 78 Eldo biarritz and a 73 eldo, convert,, meaning, are they interchangeable??

D.Smith

Yes and No.   Yes they will fit.  But the 73 had a bench or 60/40 seating, whereas the Biarritz had 50/50 seating.  So you will need to drill new holes for some of the mounts.

But the 73s never had pillowed seats, so it will look funny.

kkkaiser

ok, thanks,, my reason for asking is a 78 biarritz came up for sale,, looks like its in good shape, red,, like my eldo.  and the interior looks great, but I'm concerned by the low price of 5k,  on a car that looks very good in pictures ..   of course, it may be just a great deal, but considering my eldo could use some new seats, and the last bid i got was 8k for leather,, i thought hey, if they swap,  i could get leather.
at a 3k discount,,, with seats that dont feel blown out,, you know, that deep sink in worn springs..

anyway,, just a thougt

V63

I would say the mounting should fit ? 60/40 vs 50/50. Am i incorrect? The 60/40 seat is really in 50/50 pattern as the extra 10 just ‘stretches’ over the transmission hump. You will have to make up a wire harness for added features of the 78 such as power recline and dual power functions. I do agree it will look funny 😳

TJ Hopland

Didn't the floor change a bit for 75?   Seems like it was to accommodate the cat converter.    I don't know if that effected where and how the seats mounted.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason