News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

2020 CT6

Started by TonyZappone #2624, September 19, 2019, 01:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyZappone #2624

Someone told me that the CT6 is going out of production in October.  Does anyone know for sure?
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

64\/54Cadillacking

Supposedly yes, but with GM, you never know. Especially because of how fast the model sold with the new Blackwing V8.

This is the kind of performance the car needs which separates itself from the competition in many ways.

Let’s hope the brand doesn’t discontinue it. My fingers are crossed.
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville
1954 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier Designer Series
2007 Lexus LS 460L (extended wheelbase edition)

Previous Rides:
1987 Brougham D' Elegance
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental
1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1978 Lincoln Continental ( R.I.P.) 1978-2024 😞

David King (kz78hy)

If you want one, I suggest sooner is better than later.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

TonyZappone #2624

I have my 2016 Platinum, 47000 mi.   I bought the extended warranty, and I really like the car.  Don't see the need for a new one.  Just wondered it the  series was going to be continue
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

jdemerson

Here is the last we heard from GM sources. I believe that the last information came in July. As we all know, GM negotiations with the UAW are currently under way.

“We have CT6 production scheduled at Detroit-Hamtramck that will keep vehicles available through January 2020. We have nothing additional to announce at this time,” Cadillac spokesman Stefan Cross said.

That’s hardly a confirmation the sedan will live on past its current expiration date, though GM brass hasn’t closed the door on the car’s future. Recall, Cadillac President Steve Carlisle commented the company “never said” the CT6 would die as part of GM’s larger North American restructuring. In fact, the company absolutely did prior to Carlisle’s statements. The CT6 was named alongside the Chevrolet Impala, Volt, Cruze, and Buick LaCrosse as one of the passenger cars soon to exit production.

Of the group, the CT6 and Impala are the only models left in production at the Detroit-Hamtramck plant. Production will continue into January 2020â€"unless something changes.

Carlisle said this past January the automaker was actively looking to relocate production of the CT6 sedan to another facility. He also mentioned the car could be imported from China, though, U.S. production was preferred. It’s a sure-fire bet GM will use CT6 production as leverage in UAW union negotiations that officially kicked off on Monday. In return for U.S. production of the CT6, GM may be able to secure concessions on one of many fronts it aims to curb expenses.

Thus, it’s safe to say the CT6 is in limbo, rather than completely dead.

Subscribe to GM Authority for more Cadillac CT6 news, Cadillac news, and around-the-clock GM news coverage.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/07/future-cadillac-ct6-production-remains-unclear/#ixzz603vtdyan

FWIW, I think the CT6 in the right model and with the V8 is a world-class car. But reliability is a question as with some other makes in this category.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Scot Minesinger

GM and especially Cadillac are going electric, so unlikeley the CT6 will continue unless that body style can be made into an electric sedan.  An electric car might make sense for me coupled with a gasoline pick-up truck (that I already own).  The electric would be used for under 200 mile trips (which is 99% of my daily driving) and I would charge it at night in my garage.

It is a bummer because the CT6 was a sharp RWD car.  I could not get past the no V-8.  And when they did introduce a V-8 it had AWD only and it was crazy complicated - why not just drop the Escalade V-8 in it and make it simple?  The V-8 is for prestige and smoothness that a V-6 (or a V-4) cannot deliver.  Cars are so involved today, I will not buy a modern one without a very strong long term factory warranty.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty