News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Brake parts for a 1970 Cadillac RWD

Started by tucsonboy, January 27, 2020, 09:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucsonboy

Hello,
I'm gathering parts to completely redo my brake system. I am struggling with the right caliper, the brake booster and the rotors. I have read that Incan buy the 72 rotors and grind down the dust shield and I am good.
I have also read that the 72 calipers can be out on right on left and vice versa but no confirmation. Does anybody know if this is true. I've also read that late 79 gm truck calipers fit right in. Again looking for confirmation.

Finally, the brake booster I have no leads. Anybody know if the 72 brake booster can be adapted?

Any leads would be great.

Thanks.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Rotors and pads are readily available.
The booster, try "The 1965-1970 Cadillac Collective" on Facebook, John Abends page,
you'll find the proper booster there.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

tucsonboy

Thanks,
It's actually the left caliper I can't find. Is an Eldorado booster interchangeable?

Scot Minesinger

My 1970 Cadillac DVC brake booster failed a few years back.  I replaced it along with MC no problem.  I ordered the parts from USDA Parts in WV 304-724-6600, and along wit them it has got to be that the brake parts remain available.  Rock Auto also looked like thy had the parts.  Rotors you may have to go good used worst case.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

cadillacmike68

Quote from: tucsonboy on January 27, 2020, 09:11:20 PM
Hello,
I'm gathering parts to completely redo my brake system. I am struggling with the right caliper, the brake booster and the rotors. I have read that Incan buy the 72 rotors and grind down the dust shield and I am good.
I have also read that the 72 calipers can be out on right on left and vice versa but no confirmation. Does anybody know if this is true. I've also read that late 79 gm truck calipers fit right in. Again looking for confirmation.

Finally, the brake booster I have no leads. Anybody know if the 72 brake booster can be adapted?

Any leads would be great.

Thanks.

Grind down the inner circle on the dust shield AND use the 1972 & up inner grease seal.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike