News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

complete ATF replacement for a 1993 Fleetwood

Started by dochawk, September 20, 2021, 05:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dochawk

It got a few days rest while I went out of town, and we've tried again.

It's just fine while cold, and gets rough and slow to shift as it warms.

Is there anything else to try before going a replace/rebuilt route?
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

TJ Hopland

Talk to a transmission shop?   Warm vs cold should not make that much difference with an electronically controlled transmission unless its the solenoids which are replaceable without removing the trans from the car.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

dochawk

someday, somehow, I will get the software here to *actually* send me a message when someone replies . . .

I'm trying to avoid hiring a shop for the moment, until money flows again.  As a bankruptcy attorney, the feds have done their best to put me out of business with all of these relief programs.

I'm thinking of dropping the transmission next, to *completely* drain it (when I said sludge came out, I meant that literally), and clean what I can.

I've also learned that I can trigger an upshift by backing off the pedal . . .

If it's only late shifts, I can live with that for quite a while . . .

That, and if I drop the transmission myself and bring it to a shop, it's far less expensive.
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)