News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Intellibeam just as annoying as Autronic Eye

Started by Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397, February 19, 2005, 11:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty Shepherd

Youre right, there were many factory freaks, especially in the 1960s and they occasionally surface for sale today. Someone would come in and order a Fleetwood without air conditioning or a radio or a Super 88 with air conditioning, but manual steering, brakes, and transmission. The ones that were really oddball like those two would almost always generate a phone call from the factory to the ordering dealer to be sure they really wanted the car built that way. And if the buyer changed his mind and refused to take delivery on the car, it would be almost impossible for the dealer to sell to someone else and when the oddball buyer went to sell or trade, he would run into the same brick wall of buyer resistance.

John Binder, CLC#16715

Hmmmn Rain Sensing Wipers...

Is it just me ?..... or if a driver is too BUSY
fooling with the Onboard Navigation System,
chatting up the Onstar girl, flipping through his CD
collection, or yakking on his cell phone...
and doesnt NOTICE thats its RAINING and he should
perhaps adjust his speed and activate the intermittent wipers.

Maybe we would ALL BE SAFER if he would just get a
CADILLAC LIMO....and sit in the back and pay someone ELSE !
to Take the RESPONSIBILTY of Operating His Automobile on the PUBLIC HIGHWAYS

Johnny

Quote from: John Binder, CLC#16715Hmmmn Rain Sensing Wipers...

Is it just me ?..... or if a driver is too BUSY
fooling with the Onboard Navigation System,
chatting up the Onstar girl, flipping through his CD
collection, or yakking on his cell phone...
and doesnt NOTICE thats its RAINING and he should
perhaps adjust his speed and activate the intermittent wipers.

Maybe we would ALL BE SAFER if he would just get a
CADILLAC LIMO....and sit in the back and pay someone ELSE !
to Take the RESPONSIBILTY of Operating His Automobile on the PUBLIC HIGHWAYS

Hey you forgot the satellite radio LOL.  

You make a very good point.  While I personally love all the new technology offered in automobiles, more and more the driver is getting seperated from his/her primary duties as driver.

Mike #19861

My buddy and I often sit down and dream up some of these freaks. We fantasize that we have a time machine and go back and order these cars, store them in a barn and then return in modern times to extract them to an amazed public.

The possibilities are endless. Like the 1967 Satellite wagon with a Hemi and power windows. A 1966 Chevy II wagon with the L-79 327. A 1966 Impala Sport Sedan with the L-72 427 and a 4-speed and other HD chassis components. 1972 Dart sedan with a 340. 1963 Pontiac Laurentian 4-door sedan with a 425 hp 409 (a 1964 Pontiac Parisienne wagon with this engine was actually built and lives in Alberta). 1970 Chevelle SS LS-6 with no options, bench seat, no stripes and the L-89 option (I built a model of one of these). I could go on and on.

And, I almost bought a 1975 Chevrolet Biscayne 9C1 with the 454, an ex RCMP car. This car is the rare of the rare being a Candian market car (we had Biscaynes until 1976) and having the 9C1 package. I doubt that no more than a couple of hundred of these cars tops were built. Attricion took most of that out, so I doubt there are no more than a handful left.

Mike

jeffrey klinner CLC 19166

Guys I must say that Autronic and Guidematic have been hit and miss.  My 1956 Sedan de Ville is less than courteous.  However, my 1978 Eldorado Biarritz guidematic works like a DREAM! Ive concluded long ago this options ability to meet expectation  depended on the phase of the moon and planetary alignment.  When I was a kid, my grandmother carried on terribly about guidematic and eventually shut it off.  I must give Cadillac credit for returning to some of its roots.  Now, if they will just give us the automatic parking brake release back.  ( Of course this is an entire new post in itself )

Birmingham Finatillac #2
Jeffrey Klinner
56 Sedan de ville
78 Eldorado Biarritz
97 deVille delegance

Jeffrey Klinner CLC 19166

Gentlemen,

Having owned a 97 deville delegance, a 98 deville delegance, a 2001 Lexus LS 430, 2003 LS 430 and 2003 DTS all equipped with rainsense wipers, I can tell you the technology has improved since our first 97 model.  My 2003 DTS, on the lowest setting was adequate.  My LS430s however had a tendancy, when left completely in the auto mode, to make bizarre passes out of nowhere on extremely hot sunny days. Of course the dealership was "unable to reproduce" this oddity.  Here again, I find I can take or leave this option.  I am quite satisfied with my controlled cylce on my 78.

Birmingham Finatillac #2