News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Wrong start for a restoration

Started by Michael Stamps 19507, February 22, 2005, 09:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall McGrew CLC # 17963

Hey Roger, how is the 56 coming?

We have a 1967 Mustang, and while it is not an engineering marvel, it sure is a fun car to drive.  :)

Roger A. Zimmermann #21015

Well, Im driving it since 3 years; not a lot, because of the vapor lock problem. Now, I have put the electrical fuel pump in parallel; Im waiting for Summertime to do tests...Right now, its freezing here in Switzerland; not a weather for a convertible.
My other 56, a Sedan de Ville, is maybe more common; however, it was an easy car to restore and I have barely trouble with it. Im driving it since 20 years!
Porter: a body on frame is really a dream. I was not aware that early Mustangs are so popular in the USA. They dont have the same appeal in Europe, if Im not wrong.

Roger

Ken Andersen #21420

You should see a photo of my 1928 Cadillac 341-A

http://www.cadillacqld.com/Members/kenandersen.htm TARGET=_blank>http://www.cadillacqld.com/Members/kenandersen.htm

It was said at the time by some Cadillac folks in the States that it was and I was, a "basket" case.

This was 2 years ago. If you would like photos of how it looks now, please email me.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Ken,

The difference with your car, and the Austin, is that your parts would fit in a "Basket".   The Austin rust would fall through the gaps in the "Basket" and leave a nasty stain on the floor.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

P.S.   Have I told you I hate rust.

Ken Andersen#21420

Hey Bruce,
Would need a big basket to hold it as well as a big basket to hold the cash that I have already spent.

william hunter

Very close to a pile of rust.
The fellow is sick with the car collector bug to restore that.

JIM CLC # 15000

02-28-05
IVE seen sicker dogs then that get well!
Good Luck, Jim

Brian Daum, 18809

Have any of you guys that call this restorer "sick" ever heard of the word "c h a l l e n g e" ?

You know the stuff that builds bridges and space shuttles and invents light bulbs!