News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1958 Cadillac question

Started by Chad Oolman, July 15, 2005, 03:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Oolman

I am having my 1958 Cadillac hearse restored.  The shop doing the work asked me if I could find out if the radiator brace, or surround, is suppose to be flat black, or the color of the body?  In the authenticity manual I purchased, it says flat in one place, and body color in another.

Can someone help me, I want it done right.

Jack McClow CLC #15840

I have a 57 convertible ......... should be the same as your 58 hearse under the hood I would think.  The radiator brackets and all the surrounding parts are painted flat black ...... the firewall is body color as well as the fender inners that are actually attached (welded) to the fenders themselves ....... the bolt on fender inners (toward the back of the fenders) are painted flat black.  Let me know if you need any further detail ....... I am nearly certain we did mine correctly.

Barry Wheeler #2189

You might wish to check with Pete Peters who is doing our authenticity manuals and also has a nice 58 Eldo. I would think that the satin black would be better than flat.