News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Le Cabriolet Convert Cads77-80 Info

Started by robert m, July 20, 2005, 08:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert m

I have recently purchased a 79 Le Cabriolet Convert. I am attempting to list all the know cars left,photos, owners name and state, the colors options or special features, serial numbers, any original printed matter on these cars: brochure,original sales receipt or order, parts etc. Please send any info regarding these Hess and Eisenhardt cars to me at my email address Mad4cars@aol.com... Currently looking for proper wheel centers(same as Se Ville  Elegante wire wheels..

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

I still have the original manufacturers product folder for H&Es "Le Cabriolet" models. I believe there were three; they remained unchanged for the three production years (just the print date changes).

Robert M

Love to get copies of those.. Also to learn how many were made each year and in what colors etc. Im trying to put together a list of known cars now, and compile any additional information. Anyone have a contact with someone at Hess and Eisenhardt(I know they were taken over by another firm) ..Email me directly @ Mad4cars@aol.com

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

Get back to me in the 2nd week of September. By that time I should be home in S. Carolina.  I may have a couple other H&E "Le Cabriolet" brochures/flyers in my collection.  I need to check.

There was an interview in the Self Starter with the late Bill Hess of Hess & Eisenhardt (a couple of years ago ?). He was a graduate of M.I.T. He designed also the Cadillac station wagons built by his firm in 1955 and 1956 under the supervision of GM and Cadillac.

I checked in the "Dream Cars" section of the Cadillac Database (1977-1980) and found these "Le Cabriolet" survivors:

One in Switzerland that I photographed in 1989, one in the Sarsota Museum of Cars and Music, one in the UK or Sweden (tag #EAB220W), one registered with the Cadillac Club of New Zealand (shown in their 2002 annual colour calendar - Wayne and Jeanne Pinion ?)

On March 20, 1999 enthusiast-owner Greg Taylor wrote: "I have a 1979 Hess & Eisenhardt Cadillac Cabriolet, white w/red leather interior ...59,000 miles. I cant find any information other than mine, that it is one of 100 built."

So far as I know there no official production records.

robert M

Yann.. As you probably guessed I do know something about all these cars.. in fact I have some info on the Station Wagons. I am trying to compile as much info on this era convert as I can> including a list of current owners and known cars,options original costs etc. When you are able lets chat and go over what you discovered..Thanks again email me directly at mad4cars@aol.com