News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Heater hoses on a 500CI Cad engine

Started by Frank B, July 24, 2005, 05:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank B

Where are the heater hose connections on a Cadillac 500 ci engine? My brother-in-law is using one in a hot rod but cant locate the heater inlet/outlet? Theyre not on the water pump as I expected.

Michael Stamps 19507

One should be on the right behind the water pump below and to the right (from the front of the engine) of the thermostat housing.  The other one comes off the radiator.

Stampie

Michael Stamps 19507

Change all of the rights to lefts.  Im a little confused in my old age.

Stampie

Frank B

Thanks Stampie however the engine came with a piece heater hose coming out of the backside of the passenger side head. Whats that for?

Michael Stamps 19507

Thats a later head.  Sorry but Im a 70 guy.  That would replace the one under the thermostat housing.  You dont have both do you?

Stampie

Mike #19861

Yes, that would be for the heater hose. The other, as Stampie stated, comes from the rt side radiator tank.

Mike

Denise 20352

It goes up to the heater control valve.  One you get the head removed, the hose is fairly easy to replace.

-d