News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Anyone Have Experience with CarCapsule?

Started by Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17693, November 30, 2006, 12:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17693

I am looking into getting a 20 foot CarCapsule inflatable external car cover.

http://www.carcapsule.com TARGET=_blank>http://www.carcapsule.com

It is 100 mil thick, with a oil/radiator fluid/transmission fluid resistant base,  

My garage is disappearing in the next couple of months and I must have the car covered so as not to be damaged by the elements.  I have used NOAH covers before and they worked well enough, but there was still some degradation.

Anyone have any experience with these inflatable outdoor instant garages?

Thank you in advance.

Randall

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Randall,

I hope they can withstand the weight of a couple of feet of snow.

Bruce,
The Tassie devil(le),
60 CDV

Jerry

Bruce,

I think the snow is supposed to slide off of it - slippery plastic surface.

Gday Bruce.

Uh the inflated surface is rounded, and the material, as Jerry stated, is slick.  Sooooo...
no snow is not a problem.  Besides, there are these amazing archaic inventions called brooms.  A long stick with lots of straw bristles on the end.  You can sweep the snow off with that broom.  Wow.

:-/

Randy the Incredulous

George Woodford clc21025

Any material subjected to the elements will degrade over a short period of time.  I think a canopy style garage would serve you better outdoors.  A 10 foot X 20 foot costs about $100 on sale.

Thank you, George.  I wish I could.  The tent carport type is a great idea with the roll down flaps on all sides would work beautifully.  I want a garage would be better but unfortunatel I am losing the one I have use of now.  The CarCapsule is supposed to last a long time (yeah I know) but who knows.  Its quite an investment.  I am not even sure the HOA will allow it.  

But thank you for the advice.

Randy