News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1902 cadillac value ? need help

Started by brian mitchell, January 03, 2007, 09:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian mitchell

i really need to find the value of a 1902 cadillac.. it is in pretty ruff shape but i understand it is one of three and very rare... i would appreciate any help....  

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

Brian,

How about posting some pictures.  I think #1 condition Model A Cadillacs are in the $50,000 range.

brian mitchell

model a was 1905 and there were many several thousand made... there were only 3 in 1902

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

First things first.  Any pics of the car? What is the engine number? Youll find it stamped on the crankcase - look at the illustration at this URL:

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_ima/one_serl.jpg TARGET=_blank>www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_ima/one_serl.jpg

Do the wheels have 14 spokes? See 1902 model on this page:

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/02wheels.htm TARGET=_blank>www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/02wheels.htm

Do the body sides have rectangular inspection hatches below the front seat, as seen in the pics on the foregoing page?

One of these 1902 models has popped up a few times in the last 15 years (alleged to be #1). It was owned by a Mr. Chuck Reed.  It went on the block at Scottsdale where it was apparently bid up to $90,000. Reserve not met:  Reed wanted at least $1,000,000 for it (his partner, Tim Potter, is believed to have offered it to GM for ...$15 million !!)

There you have it: ball-park value figure for one of the first three Cadillacs built is, IMHO, between $50,000 and $5,000,000 (depending on what percentage of the car is original and in good condition)!

John Dennis

Brian, Is this car in K.C. I have heard a rumor that a 02 prototype was in K.C. I just sold my 1915 Cadillac Model 51 to the GM Heritage Center. Im sure they would be interested in talking to you about the 02. I am told they have 1 1902 protype at the heritage center. Good luck

John Dennis
CLC#17123

brian mitchell

no it is a couple thousand miles from kc. nobody has seen this one is 40 years... it has been sitting under a tarp in a back yard... go figure that

brian mitchell

it turned out to be a replica...  and it looks to small to be full size at that..... oohh well it is in good shape if a replica is worth anything

A replica? And the vendor didnt mention it earlier. Does it at least have a Cadillac motor ...or is it one of those lawn tractor powered replicas ?

brian mitchell

the person who owned it past away.. his grand son is selling his whole collection. 1972 yenko camaro, 62 vette , 69 big block chevelle.....ext... the 1902 is in the back yard under a tarp and he new nothing about it except it had a badge on it that said 1902 cadillac... he showed it to  me at night and i started my research... i finaly went to look at it good in the day light and founf it was a fake... and it looks to small to be full size.. so it probably does have a tractor engine in it.... it was a sad day...dream car turned out just to be a dream.... but it is in good shape if anybody wants a small 1902 replaca.... thanks for eveybodys help

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Brian, Can you provide me with name and phone and location of 1902 replica?   I would be interested.  Tim Pawl 248-431-9618,
pawl@earthlink.net

Hi Tim, I dont think youll be impressed when you see it. I recall seeing one of these "replica 1902 Cadillac" cars advertised in a specialty magazine some 20-25 years ago. It was quite basic with spoked bicycle wheels as I recall.  The only thing Cadillac about it was the "name" plate.  I hope Im wrong and that this turns out to be a pleasant surprise for you.