News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Eldo Barritz

Started by donald fulara, January 24, 2007, 05:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donald fulara

I`m thinking of picking up a 79 Barritz. It has the Olds 307, with 85k. the car is pretty clean in and out. The price is 1400.00. First off, is that a good motor, secondly is that a fair price?

Andrew Garnett

Do you mean Biarritz?  If its a 1979 Cadillac Eldorado (any trim), it should have an Olds 350 gasoline engine (350 DIE-SOON optional).  If its an Olds 307, its a transplant from a Oldsmobile Toronado.

$1,400.00 is a fair price provided it has the Olds 350 gasoline engine.

Andrew

Quote from: donald fularaI`m thinking of picking up a 79 Barritz. It has the Olds 307, with 85k. the car is pretty clean in and out. The price is 1400.00. First off, is that a good motor, secondly is that a fair price?

Big Don

Thank you Andrew, I passed on the car. I went to look at it Wed. night. It just did not feel right. The interior was absolutely mint. Scale of 1 to 10 about a 9 or 9 1/2. Body was nice, same scale about a 71/2. When I started the car (had to be jumped)the power steering pump was wailing. It was empty with signs of leakage. Added fluid and quieted it down long enough to drive it and the car just felt shot! It really felt like shocks and springs were non existant, car felt "bottomed out".Front end was loosey goosey.  Motor felt fair but I just got a lousy vibe on the car. The guy claimed to have owned it since 17,000 mi. and 16 years but seemed  to be totally unaware about everything. I never have seen a car that nice inside and even the body, yet feel that lousy mechanically.