News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hood Springs #2

Started by Joe Bento #20081, February 12, 2007, 05:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Bento #20081

Okay,

Here is what I have found out:

I found a place that will remake the hood springs for my 1940 Caddy series 72 (same springs that are used on series 52 and 62 as near as I can tell.)  The cost would be:

$62.00 each if I order 4, and
$42.00 each if I order 6

I imagine that if I order more, the price goes down even further.  So before I order any, I thought I would throw this out there in case anyone else wanted a pair.  I have had a heck of a time finding anyone who carries them, so I figure I cant be alone.  The more of us that go in together, the lower the cost to all!

thanks!

Joe

Mike Simmons (938)

Joe- Me, Me, Me. I need a pair so count me in.
Mike Simmons

Joe Bento #20081

Okay,

Mike and I make 2 pair (4 springs).

Someone else sent me an e-mail that they would be interested if I could get some made, but my computer crashed (literally, took a header off the desk) last week and I lost my e-mail archive.  So if you ever expressed a prior interest to me, please let me know again.

I am hoping to order these up some time in about 2 weeks, so if you are interested, let me know ASAP and I will e-mail you my adress for sending a check.

Thanks all!

Paul Anisman

Joe - Curious...whod you end up dealing with, and did you ever talk to Kirk-Habicht?
--Paul

Joe Bento #20081

Thanks Paul!

I did and in fact, that is who I am using. :)

Thanks for the lead!

Joe Bento #20081

Howdy!

Just moving this to the top.

I will keep this open for one more week.

I have confirmed orders for 6 springs so far.  These are going to be new remanufactered springs.

You may want to order a set as a spare!

joe

Roland Moore

Joe

I would like to get on your list for 2 of the springs. Wher would I send the payment once the cost is set?

Joe Bento #20081

Ronald,

I tried sending you an e-mail but it looks like your spam filter or whatever kicked it back.

Please send me an e-mail.  Click on my name in the upper left portion of the screen, and replace the <at> with @.

Thanks!

Joe