News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1929/1930 LaSalle Frame

Started by Zachary Lamberti, December 14, 2007, 07:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zachary Lamberti

Hello everybody,

Can anyone tell me whether or not the 1929 La Salle 134" Wheel Base frame is the same frame as used on the 1930 LaSalles with a 134" Wheel Base as far as critical dimensions are concerned...i.e. length, width, body mounting points, engine/ trans mounts, etc.  I am wondering if my 1930 LaSalle body will fit on a 1929 LaSalle chassis.  Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks to all in advance.

Zachary Lamberti

Wayne Womble 12210

Quote from: Zachary Lamberti on December 14, 2007, 07:58:41 PM
Hello everybody,

Can anyone tell me whether or not the 1929 La Salle 134" Wheel Base frame is the same frame as used on the 1930 LaSalles with a 134" Wheel Base as far as critical dimensions are concerned...i.e. length, width, body mounting points, engine/ trans mounts, etc.  I am wondering if my 1930 LaSalle body will fit on a 1929 LaSalle chassis.  Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks to all in advance.

Zachary Lamberti

I dont know for sure, but the parts book list different numbers for the frame itself. However, most other major parts are the same. The front, middle and rear cross members are all the same number, lots of brackets etc. are the same. Its not likely to be too much different.

Zachary Lamberti

Thank you for the information Wayne!  I will try to look at the frame this week to compare and will post what I find out in case anyone else is interested.   
Zachary Lamberti